Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyflinger

Mystery Tool

I have this knot tying tool with no packaging and no instructions, and no identifying markings.  It looks really well made from machined aluminum and brass and is 3" to 3.5" long depending on the telescoping function (the brass portion slides inside the aluminum collar).  I clearly recognize the standard nail knot function with the notched tip, but it has numerous other intricate cutouts and notches, and the sliding/telescoping function   I'm trying to identify the manufacturer or product name so I can research the operating instructions online.  Does anyone recognize it, and can perhaps identify the name?     

Regards,   

Photo_Knot-Tool_1.jpg

Photo_Knot-Tool_2.jpg

Many Thanks!  You were actually on my short list of those who would know he answer!   

I sure wish I had that instructional DVD . . . 

Regards, 

Great minds think alike!  I found that listing (the only one in the US) by googling Winder knot tying tool for sale, and I'm waiting for the shop in Denver to open at 10:00 to see if they really have it in stock.   

Regards,

Good thing I called.  That website is a scam.  The guy at the real shop in Denver told me (when I called to verify that they had one in stock).  They are trying to take legal action, but the scam site is overseas . . .

troutsflyshop is a scam . . .  troutsflyfishing is the real fly shop. 

Regards,