Fly Tying
day5

Twisted Woolybugger swap

I have never done a jointed bugger befor so what the heck Ill break out the 30 pound power pro and do some joints. I mean make some joints. I mean twist some joints up. Oh shit.gif MAKE SOME HINGED FLIES!!!!!!!

hysterical.gif

Guest day5

Here is the Jointed fly I am changing the front hook color from light blue to black estaz So this fly will bee all black OR maybe all olive HMMMMMMMMMM Ill play with it some more. I got to go to the store today

post-24-1124449618.jpg

QUOTE (day5 @ Aug 19 2005, 04:08 AM)
BMF would you like toi join us ?

In the future, yes. Right now, for this swap, no, but thank you for the invitation. I have a few ideas for new woolly buggers, but I'm still gathering materials and tools. I need a hair stacker, ceramic bobin, and a Danvise.

I'm just getting back into tying. I mainly pursue largemouth and bluegills, so a woolly bugger swap will be right up my alley. My daughter wants to learn tying too, so I'll get myself back up to speed, then start teaching her. I even bought purple chenille, purple hackle, and purple bucktail for her. Can you guess what her favorite color is? laugh.gif Just happens that purple is also a great color for bass...

I also plan to brush out the dog's coat for some fine dubbing material. He's a beagle so it's a really fine, downy undercoat. I'll call the fly a Woolly Beagle Bugger.

I'm up for doing 2 sets.. Big Bass Bugger .. did a test run with a hollow style tie for the tail (and rubber leg material inside that).. hot glue body.. palmered hackle over the hot glue and just a thread head.. (green/olive coloring .. size 2 hook)

I'm heading out on vacation to Maine so I'll check what they are doing up there and see about using something I can glean from the locals there for the second set.

Rick

Guest day5

Bmf sounds good My 5year old daughter plays around mostly with it I am not putting any pressure on her to do any thing special just whatshe wants to do. tight lines.

Rick that sounds like a bad A-$ tie I can not wait to see that do you have a pic to post?

Weird. I couldn't see any of the other replies until after I started to post this reply...

I'm not going to pressure my daughter, but she's really pressuring me! Ran to Wally World last night to buy a skane of yarn. I bought the rainbowed stuff that changes color every 4-5". That way we'll get a lot of different tail colors for different combinations. I also downloaded Al's How-To vids and watched them this weekend.

I'm planning to do big buggers on 1/0 hooks for bass. My design would be a yarn and flashabou tail, chennille body, palmered hackle, tinsel, and bucktail lower streamer to imitate a firetiger-type pattern from a crankbait if you guys know what I'm talking about. My second idea is to change the colors to blue and silver to imitate shad patterns. I'll tye both and post pics when their done, but it will be a week before I have a chance due to my work schedule.

I'd love to participate, but I won't be able to get flies done in 2-3 weeks. If there is anyone in this swap that would like to swap with me in 4-6 weeks, please PM me. I just don't want to end up on the "jerk" swapper list!

Our due date is setp 20. Bfm I did call the swap closed but I personaly do not have a problem with you joining now but the other guys may have started and may not be able to catch up. I guess ill leave it up to them?

I should be able to make Sep. 20. I know you called it closed and extended the invitation to me, that's why I extended my offer via PMs. If anybody would like to include me, great! headbang.gif If not, I completely understand and I'm big enough not to take it personally. biggrin.gif

Is everyone weighting theirs, or do most folks tye them unweighted? I'm looking at silver solder for weighting. I won't use lead and I can't get my hands on any depleated uranium wire! laugh.gif

My daughter tied her first fly last night with my help! yahoo.gif

She called it Jocelyn's Jack-O'-Lattern. It's a Woolly Worm with a yellow yarn tail, orange body, and black hackle. I'll post a pic this weekend. She wants to tye more flies this wekend. I figure by Sunday she'll be tying them all by herself except for whip finishing and sealing the head. Even I hate that part...