Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Knapp

Christmas fly challenge

My vote is for trout tramp,  I liked the garland and it reminded me of the tree my mom has.  

niveker, I quite like the candy cane but I suppose I got sentimental about the garland.  

Because the competition was so tough on the Christmas challenge fly, all of the entrants were awarded prizes by the judges. Maybe one of them will post the bootie here. Also, I heard a rumor of an Easter fly challenge. Just a rumor though. Anyway, everybody should be thinking of a fly for that.

Because the competition was so tough on the Christmas challenge fly, all of the entrants were awarded prizes by the judges. Maybe one of them will post the bootie here. Also, I heard a rumor of an Easter fly challenge. Just a rumor though. Anyway, everybody should be thinking of a fly for that.

Yes it was a very generous haul of stuff, all very usable and appreciated.

Too late for a pic, I’ve already sorted and stored it all away, not sure I can remember what it all was now, IT WAS ALOT, and some very rare stuff also. 

Thanks Mark!

By the way, you all should check out Mark’s knife build website. INCREDIBLY AWESOME knives, Beautifully crafted works of art.

TT

It was a generous prize indeed, a rainbow of synthetic fibres, bunch of pearl shellbacks. Perfect for steelhead season in a few months.  Funny how the Festivus pole provides.  
IMG_2221.thumb.jpeg.b9d115ab39da0713512666cde5709a44.jpeg

There was also a beautiful piece of polar bear also.  Mark, the gentleman that he is, was kind enough to provide all of the required provenance for this.  This was fun thx Mark, Much appreciated!
IMG_2222.thumb.jpeg.fb889058b0628ce3a388282709b07f39.jpeg

I think Fleetwood Mac released Rumors around Easter‽ 

Arthur