Fly Tying
DFoster

It's Today! Marlborough Fly Fishing Show-

Thanks for the review of the show.  I’m still trying to process why they would reintroduce the McKenzie vise into a tough market full of superior choices.  This is a show I used to look forward to, especially spending a couple hours on tyer’s row watching the legends and coming home with a small bag of loot.  My dizzy fish tee shirts must be twenty something years old and ready to disintegrate.  There was an entry somewhere a couple of years ago that broke down what it cost a good size materials vendor to attend one of these venues.  It gave me an appreciation of why they will never be the same and why most attendees come away disappointed.

20 minutes ago, flytire said:

bears den

Probably, but the last few years they only showed with rods, reels and accessories. Heard thru the grapevine that shoplifting was a deterrent from him bringing his racks of tying materials.

47 minutes ago, SalarMan said:

Roger Plourde. He's a Connecticut guy

Roger should be at the Connecticut Fly Fishermans Association show and banquet Feb 3rd (small one day show). may also be at the Farmington Valley TU tag sale on 13 Jan. (1/2-day sale to benefit TU) Yes, he is a great guy and very pleasant to deal with. 

4 hours ago, flytire said:

3rd fly shop might be bears den

they're on the exhibitor list

You are correct sir, that’s who it was.  They had 2 locations.  At one they were selling rods, reels and packs and at the other they were selling tying materials.