Fly Tying

Had a good one going, then destroyed wing, ( got a glob of UVon it :( )no after pic, will redo wing and try to straighten out ribbing 

IMG_0747.jpeg

I feel certain all will turn out well Bruce. The current issues aside...your experience will win out.

It was certainly off to a great start!  Do you use UV resin to secure the wraps before cutting?  Also, and this may be silly, how to you adjust the ribbing and maintain the floss underneath.  

54 minutes ago, Heff2 said:

It was certainly off to a great start!  Do you use UV resin to secure the wraps before cutting?  Also, and this may be silly, how to you adjust the ribbing and maintain the floss underneath.  

It wasn’t in vise, I normally use a very small amt. of water based cement to secure wing, but I removed from vise, laid it down to work on a bass bug and somehow I got resin on it, sucd big time. When it comes to ribbing, u can carefully move it a bit, in this case I may not be successful so it may get the razor. I’ll set it aside ( not in resin 😎) and think about it. The good thing about bass bugs is I always have a fresh razor blade to do the deed