Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

A month long project finished

After 1 full month worth of work I finally finished what I think is my best 3D print to date. This is the "get off the road" scene from Lord Of The Rings where the hobbits are hiding from the Ring Wraith. It's about 45 or so individual pieces that I had to print, then assemble/fill/sand/airbrush. Was a lot of work but I'm very pleased with the final product on this one.

XbQGMDU.jpg

8rRloJa.jpg

OcW8R2B.jpg

73fkP8V.jpg

Jt18dUb.jpg

ST9qizg.jpg

ckVNl7i.jpg

i5VV0Uf.jpg

rC1vG3o.jpg

It's huge. It was a 1/6 scale file that I bought to print it which is massive. So I scaled it down to 65% and it still is at probably at least 18"x18"x12"

If I buy an airbrush I think I could paint like that. Yeah, probably not. Your airbrushing skills and patience are off the chart. Really well done. 

it takes me back to the 70’s when we would pay a talented kid with an airbrush to paint our favorite album covers  on the back of our jean jackets. You had to be one of those jacket painters, right? 

2 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

it takes me back to the 70’s when we would pay a talented kid with an airbrush to paint our favorite album covers  on the back of our jean jackets. You had to be one of those jacket painters, right? 

Kind'a funny ya said that Greg, because I actually was 😆 Did some Metallica, Ozzy and a few others.  I also did a leather jacket I use to wear with a skeleton riding a skeletonized bull back when I was a bouncer at a country bar in the 90's. Ah the good ol' days :)