Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
day5

shad clouser tube

I am thinking about offering this tube on my site for 2.50 ea with a hook. I just got some black crystal flash. it is a solid black it is not trans parrent at all supper sweet stuff!!!

Haven't done a ton of tube flies, but it seems to be gaining steam. I will definitely have to do so if they look this cool. Wish I had this pattern Sunday morning at the Ohio River...

I just picked up a package of Yuri Shumakov's bottle tubes. I will be trying them as soon as I get the new head for my vise. These things look good but I wished I had bought the skittle tubes and the long range tubes. This is a system I really want to try. Here is the low down, tie your pattern on the plastic insert and slide a skittle tube over the back of the fly and secure with the juction tube and hook. When you want a fly that doesn't sink as fast, just put the long range tube over the plastic insert instead of the skittle tube. There are all sorts of variables like brass and aluminum with or without tube slots that can be painted to give your fly more zip. Sound complicated but it isn't.

Check it out... Skittle tubes

For you guys that haven't really looked into tubes, check this out...Neato tube flies

How cool does the spinner flies look? Just think a spinner blade tube clouser!!!

canadian ties some sweet stuff I like there flies alot. It looks like I am going to need a new fly box soon just for tube flies!!!