Fly Tying
Gary Madore

Frozen North Swap (Rainbow)

On the custom form I have marked gift but do I still have to put a valve? :dunno:

Just write in "No Commercial Value"

News flash! Update! Hold the presses!

The swap is coming along: I've recieved 8 sets of flies, mine are done, and fryflier's 2nd set is done (picking them up tomorrow over a coffee)

Lessee, that's .... Um, (carry the one, keep the columns straight...) Uh.. 10 sets of flies!

Only 5 sets to go and then I'll be shipping these beautiful bugs back to y'all.

Pictures of the latest bunch Rx'd going up in the pictures thread in a moment.

Cheers!

Gary

... About 3 weeks to go ...

This swap is going great, guys!

The latest addition is Carver's Lead-wing Coachman.

Pictures of ties are posted as they arrive:

Check 'em out: Frozen North Swap Photos

Only 4 more sets to recieve and this swap will be in the history books!

By the way, my size 10 Doc Spratley looked positively humongous and goon-like next to the gorgeous ties I've recieved, so I decided to go with a size 12 instead. There'll be an extra li'l present for everyone too!

Hey Redfox: Nice flybox! Can I keep it? :P

Cheers!

Gary

Hey guys I got some good news and some bad news. The flies are done but I cant ship them until the 14th. It should only be a day or 2 as it is here in Canada.

Gary, Sure you can have the box. I sell them on Ebay so I have a bunch. Trying to get thru a couple boxes of those mints. I'd rather eat chocolate. Red Fox

Gary, Sure you can have the box. I sell them on Ebay so I have a bunch. Trying to get thru a couple boxes of those mints. I'd rather eat chocolate. Red Fox

Heheheheheheheheheheh..... I buy the mints and give them to my kids with the caveat that I get the tin back when they're done :)

Cheers!

Gary

OK gang, it's the 21st of March.

Not only the first full day of Spring, but also 10 days before the swap deadline.

That means that if your flies aren't in the mail, they're not likely gonna make it here in time.

So, for anybody who's not gonna pop 'em in the mail today, please let us know so we can wrap up the swap.

For those whose flies I already have, I have a question for you: If there's a dropout or two (meanign there will be an extra fly or two), do you want your own extra flies back or would you prefer that I mix 'em up and you get a random duplicate of someone else's?

Cheers!

Gary

I am easy, just send all extras to me. :devil: :devil:

Actually whatever the majority want is fine by me, unless I am the tie breaker than it will be....tic...tock...tic...tock....tic...tock...tic......mix them up.

I am easy, just send all extras to me. :devil: :devil:

Actually whatever the majority want is fine by me, unless I am the tie breaker than it will be....tic...tock...tic...tock....tic...tock...tic......mix them up.

Yeah, whatever.

Aaaaaaaaaaactually, the part I forgot to add is that you're not getting ANY flies, dude! :)

Well, that's not entirely true: I'll bring ya fishing and let you keep the ones I snag in the trees and break off. hee hee hee

Hey, whatcha up to today?

Cheers!

Gary

I am game either way, but I suppose since I know my pattern I'd just as soon get a few extras of other guys stuff.

I would rather have other flies back than mine since I have lots of the one that I tied. As far as I am concerned the Swap Master can keep any extras for the time and effort that he put into the swap.