Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Group Purchase: Hooks

I need some popper hooks, but it doesn`t look like anyone else wants any. wink.gif . I`ll look tonight and see what size I need. I don`t really care what kind of hook I have, just as long as it has an eye and a bend. LOL. That`s all I really look for in a hook, except the occasional popper hook. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Alright, DUUUUUUUUUUUDE. Ya took my signature. You gotta change that, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD. Alright? GOOD! LOL! j/p bud! -redneck

OK, we're making this harder than it needs to be! Anyone interested should email me, with a list of the hooks your interested in or post it here. If you have model # & sizes that's great, if you don't care just give me sizes & what type of hook you want, dry fly, wet fly, streamer, etc. If you have quantities in mind, that's great too. Most will be 100 counts, but some hooks are available in 25 packs. Like I said before, if I can buy a full carton, or bulk boxes it's less expensive, so it saves everyone.

The hooks available are Mustad, Mustad Signature Series, Daiichi, and Partridge.

I can also get Eagle Claw, VMC, and Gamakatsu hooks, but it just means I'll be dealing with 2 suppliers, which I do anyway.

Also, this is not limited to fly hooks, as one of my suppliers also handles jig, treble & worm hooks so if you want something in particular it's no problem, just ask.

I've made a spread sheet to take the information on what is wanted, and can compile a list of what needs to be ordered from the spread sheet. After I get the orders, for those that do not know, or care about model numbers, I'll give you choices.

Here is an example of how I'm going to handle this: Mustad 94840 Dry Fly hooks wholesale cost is about $50.00 per 1000 for a single size, in sizes 18-2. If at least 10 people want one size it will cost $50.00 + 10% FET + Shipping cost from supplier + my markup = Total Price, (I estimated it would be about $70)

Divide that by the 10 people = $7.00 cost per 100, plus the shipping cost to each person which will vary.

In this example, a 100 hooks can be mailed to most places for $1.00 -$1.50, so each person would get 100 hooks for $8.00 - $8.50

If you buy the same hooks from the Jann's Netcraft catalog, @ $7.59/100, they charge $5.25 for shipping, so it would cost you $12.84 to order the same hooks.

There will be savings with a larger order too!

Any questions, just ask!

I would like to get this done by Feb 1 if possible.

Hey Jim,

Speaking of hooks, do you have any of those Swedish dry fly hooks (Partridge)

I'm looking to tie some Dancing Caddis ( a LaFontaine) and it calls for them. It's a stepped down eye. I need a 12 and 14.

I could use some Partridge steelhead/salmon hooks sizes #6 and #4

I'm want to try tying some spey's this winter.

OSD.

OK well it does look like we have enough interest to get something rolling. I will get with Jim and see how he wants us to handle the orders and we will go from there. I will keep everyone posted.

Sorry guys, I am gonna have to sit this one out, cause I need a new rod for my new reel. I`m savin up for the new rod so that I can have it when fishing season comes. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck