Fly Tying

Thanks

Interesting technique, I'm just thinking now that if you tied it on a light bass bug hook you may be able to get a fly that just sloshes through the surface...I think I may tie one up as a mouse imitation by using a slightly wider tear drop.

Conversely by using that Wal Mart 2mm foam sheets rather than true foam and a 2x strong saltwater hook you could get a fly that sinks better but keeps the winning profile.

Thanks a lot I love learning new techniques that can be applied to a wide array of patterns.

I hadn't though tabout an EP mouse pattern....but I think that would be a winner. Tied as is the only real way to get this pattern down is short leader on full sink line...but fished at the surface it could really cause a commotion!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Bravo! You've got to tie one at the BUFF show next week!

Joe C.

That thing just rocks. Good job.

How much water does it soak up? ie, can you use it with a 6-weight line, or is it along the lines of trying to cast a small bluegill?

It actually isn't that bad to cast. The foam body does not soak up any water and the EP fibers shed nearly all the water they hold on the first back cast.

Hey Mike That is a cool looking fly nice work!! Some day I need to play with thoes flbers a bit ! "Give it a shot"