Fly Tying
backstroker

Beginner swap?

*****WE"RE FULL!**********

I would be willing to Host a Beginners Fly Swap. Lets say you can only have been tying 18 months or less to participate. Lets try for 12 Swappers plus the Swapmister (who is not really a beginner but will host it). Fly to tye is your choice but lets try and stay away from Wolly Buggers. Lets make the Due Date on April 15th.

SM - Universal Nymph sz. 12

1. backstroker - Foam Beatle sz 10 - RECEIVED 3/31

2. Blues Brother - Terrestial? - RECEIVED 4/18

3. brian l - Mikey Fin

4. EKroth - Wet Fly - RECEIVED 3/9

5. srfrsean - Craven's UV jujubaetis - RECEIVED 3/18

6. majestyja - Tiger Midge sz 18 - RECEIVED 3/10

7. bdesavage - TBD - RECEIVED

8. Light Keeper - Stop Light

9. RossP - TBD - RECEIVED 4/10

10. Professorbrook - Mikey Fin or Dry Fly - RECEIVED 3/17

11. broadcj - PTN

12. RossP - Beadhead Flashaboo Minnow - RECEIVED 4/10

I'm sorry guys, but I'm over the time limit (though you wouldn't know it by looking at my flies or by the questions I ask on here). Just a thought though, I'm partially sure that the beginners will be getting there patterns from an intructional book, it would be nice if you could photo copy a few of those pages to send along with your flies, hoping you have different books. I think swaps should be a place to learn as well as share flies.

Just my 2 cents.

tom

Hmm...Could someone please explain to me how exactly to participate in a swap? If it sounds simple enough I might be in. I'm just a noob...but I can tie some mean terrestrials! :D

If you guys open this up to people who have only done 1 swap or less, I'm in (of course keep the under 18 months on so Brian can stay)

Sure, I'm up for another swap. I've been tying since October of 2005 but I've probably finished over 400 flies since then. I find these swaps are an excellent reason to really crank down on a pattern both for speed in tying but so they are as consistent and presentable as possible.

I'll have to think about the next pattern I'd like to work on but count me in and I'll be back shortly with a pattern choice.

Sean