Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Mystery Box swap!!!

About a year ago there was a "Mystery Box swap", that got started and then stopped for some reason. Has anybody had any feedback on this swap?

Pat Carroll

Pat....you referring to the Mystery Fly Swap that jayhawkjeff was running?

If so, he seems to have disappeared from FTF, and I believe he has (or had) the box in his possession.

There were sure alot of flies in that box too. Not sure what we can do about it.

:dunno:

Fred

Fred

There was a about 15 tyers involved in the Mystery Fly Swap, as you wrote there were a lot of flies in the box. Its been a long time since I've heard any news from any one. Hopefully some one can give us some information.

Have a good one,

Pat Carroll

Sent to whippersnapper:

I sent you a reply to your message about the box when I received it last week. I was surprised to not hear back from you. Now I check my sent box here and it shows no message sent. The essence of my response was that when I finally got the box from smokey we had a hell of a time getting the thing into Canada. I had set it aside for dealing with, had some major things go down here and just flat forgot about it after it got some stuff set on it in the tying room. The box is in the exact condition it was when I received it. I have lost my word.doc that had all the tyers info. If you want to take over, I'll send you the box. It was a very frustrating experience as we have guidlines that weren't followed and, ultimately, I was the biggest offender. Just let me know which way you folks want to go on this. Please accept my apology for my thoughtless error. -Jeff

Jeff and other Mystery Box Tyers

As I was cleaning out some old papers over the weekend, lo and behold , I found the original list of the tyers names, addresses and e- mail you had sent out on Feb. 10, 2005.

There were 10 tyers involved, it seemed the major problem was sending the Mystery Box in and out of Canada. Is there any renewed interest?

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Jeff, I already told you this, but I'll repeat it here.

There are only 2 Canadians on the list, me and Artimus. If you can get the box around to those in the US left on the list, send it to me here in Florida before April 30th when I'm returning to Canada for the summer. I'll take it home with me, and send it to Art, no problem. Then I'll bring it back with me again in October when I return for the winter.

Should work. Too much has gone into this to just let it die or cut anyone out!!!

BTW, the original thread is still there, on Page 2 of this section.

Fred

Jeff

As I look over the original list of tyers that I have , I don't see any body on the Mystery Swap Box list by the name of whippersnapper.

The names that I have are: tidbit,artimus, trout traveler ,smokeymountainstonefly ,jf2cbr ,jbrowning , siestafred

deshutessteelhead , jayhawk jeff and pat carroll.

Does anyone else have the original list? The list that I have lists the home addresses,and e-mail addresses. This was sent to us at the very beginning.

It would be great to give it another shot!!!

Have a good one

Pat carroll

I have found the original list. There is one on the list who is no longer in this forum. I can send it to you. I'll sign up for round 2.

Has there been any news lately about starting the "mystery box swap " again? The last information I had , whippersnapper had the flies in his possession and he was contacting the tyers that were on the original list that I had sent him, and then starting the swap up again. That was about a month ago!!

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

I sent Whippersnapper the master list back in March. I haven't heard anything from him. Maybe we should get a new one started.

Hello All,

I am in possession of the swap box and am waiting to hear from all the original tyers who contributed to the swap. The flies were counted, inventoried and mini-ziploc bagged, as over a third were missing their hook tags. I am still waiting for two more people who are AWOL from FTF. I have attempted to contact them via snail mail after failing to hear from them via PM and am still waiting for a reply. Even a "Return to Sender" stamp on my snail mail would confirm that the addresses they gave are no longer valid and the box can continue to move forward. Once I hear from all the original swappers the box will be re-circulated amoungst those tyers who contributed to the box and have not yet received the box. There are still quite a few people who didnt get the box when it went around the first time and I want to make sure everyone who seeded the box gets their chance at it before opening the box to new contributors.

Rest assured fellas, I havent let this one slip through the cracks of time!

keep it deep,

Whippersnapper

We keep getting told that the mystery swap is going to get started up again, but it keeps being delayed. Its about time to make things happen.Its been a couple months!!!

Have a good one

Pat carroll

Since no one seems to be in charge of this swap, I'll do it. If any one new wants to join, the standard "I'm in" will do. I'd like to get 2 boxes going. one for the U.S. the other for our Canadian members. After each box has gone through, they will be switched, meaning the U.S. box will go Canada and vice versa. I'll put a deadline of June 16 to sign up.