Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
siestafred

DD (Deadly Dazzle) Clouser Minnow

My local fly shop has been promoting a couple of new synthetics lately, so I took the plunge and tied up two different Clousers to try them out. This one below uses the same Deadly Dazzle material in Rainbow for the overwing, but uses a new material called Flash Blend that isn't even on the market yet for the underwing. It's due out next week, but the shop owner had some samples that he gave me. :D

DD Clouser (White)....

IPB Image

Steve Ferrar... has been selling a product called "flash Blend" and I think...from I can see looks the same as what you posted.... these synthtics are very similar to Flash Fiber,, Fiber flash and others.... your use of them is perfect since any such concoctions of these products which may in some way be very similar is good.... the flashs is not "blinding"... and easy to work with.... it seems to me that this product is a combination of the old" Fiber Blend"... and some flash cut to the same size as the fiber blend and then blended in...

That is Farrar's stuff apparently, according to my local guy. Coming out in some 20 or more colors I think. Can't wait to fish it, man it just glows!

The DD comes from S. Africa, a company called "fishient". Yup, that's right !

Here's a link......

http://www.fishient.com/

I'll try and get a color list next week for both.

Jeez, what happened to good ole bucktail ???? :wallbash:

For anyone who's interested, the colors I've seen for the Deadly Dazzle are:

Mullet Brown

Prawn Pink

Rainbow

Natural Belly

Wild Olive

Chartreuse

Misty Camel

The local shop owner says there are more, but he didn't have a list.

The new Steve Farr Blend comes in 15 different colors, too many to list here. Suffice it to say, there seems to be a color for everything you might want to imitate.

Hope this helps.

Fred :D