Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
finhunter

Digital Camera?

Hi All,

I am in the market for a quality digital camera that will take macro's and still be a bargain.

If anyone can help , that would be great! I have a Sony Cybershot now and it's not so great.

I'm looking in the $500-$600 range.

Thanks, FH

I have the cannon s2Is 5 mega pixel (you do not need any more) 12x zoom 4x digital for 48x total!!! But the super macro mode is UNBELEAVIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the best rated camera on the market in your price range. I got mine in feb and LOVE IT!!!!! I researched it for 5 days hitting every consumer /review site I could find and it rated top on ALL!!! of them.. the video feature is sweet I can take a pic while shooting digital video IN STERO!!!! this is a bad ass camera look it up try it and play with the macro and the super macro!!!!! My avatar is shot with this camera and I can zoom even closer on this pic with out distortion!!! here is the original

post-2608-1146606675_thumb.jpg

Look at getting the Optio WP10 - Under 400.00 6mp, w/ great macro and best of all, it's waterproof to 5' for 30 minutes. You can take some really cool underwater shots with them. Never woory about it getting wet while fishing. Also, my friend just got a 7mp camera for 500 that is waterproof to 10' for 1 hour. I can't remember the name of it, but it was really cool.

Day5?

What is that thing anyway, a baby crawdad?

I found the Camera on Ebay...$299.00

post-4799-1146612206_thumb.jpg

Is that it?

FH

I thought I would mention this item. What ever camera you chose I would check check out how many pictures the digital card can hold. Chances are it will be too few! Buy a card that will fit at least 160 plus at the highest resolution 2048x1536. By fitting your camera with this feature you should never run out space at whatever event your at. It may not be a fishing trip but if your at a wedding or a family party you won't be worried about a picture limit.

Look at getting the Optio WP10 - Under 400.00 6mp, w/ great macro and best of all, it's waterproof to 5' for 30 minutes. You can take some really cool underwater shots with them. Never woory about it getting wet while fishing. Also, my friend just got a 7mp camera for 500 that is waterproof to 10' for 1 hour. I can't remember the name of it, but it was really cool.

A mayfly nymph hexegina limbata (.5 inches long)

Ebay sellers are Quite often not registered with cannon that means that you may have a lot of trouble getting the camera covers for ANY warranty! I looked at 4 on ebay I contacted all of the seller none of them were cannon distributors. I contacted cannon they did say that could cause warranty issues. also be careful not to buy a camera from Asia or Canada. That will require you to send the camera there for warranty If you have one.

Many people on Ebay buy this stuff on clearance AND/OR with rebates AND/OR pricematch to another store. How I know ---- I'm one of them :devil:. Don't ask me where to find these deals, but there are many deals around. In many cases if you have trouble with the warranty the seller will send you a copy of sales receipt. I did it for someone and that person had no problems with warranty issues and i heard from many others.

Regards,

David

I found one on Ebay for $399.99 with free shipping. Says brand new in box, but nothing about warranty.

I sent a question on warranty to the seller. If it comes with warranty card I'll go for it. :thumbsup:

FinHunter

Does it do Macro?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: Several people suggested different cameras. Who are you asking???

Well, It specifically asks you! :devil:

By the way, I like your flies on your website :)

FH

If you want a fishing camera, there is nothing better that Pentax Optio WR/WP series. I dropped my Optio 43WR off of a 30 ft bridge into 3 ft of water with rocks below. It got banged up, but it still works nearly flawlessly.