Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Tying Contest - Let The Voting Begin

It is now time to begin voting for the 2003 Fly Tyer Of The Year Award!

Voting will end Jan. 27 at 8:00 PM EST

For our first contest we have 19 tyers who have submitted a total of 51 differnet flies and we fell somewhat short of the goal of 50 tyers. I must say that although we did not reach the goal, the quality of each fly makes up for the lack of numbers.

I must say that I am not a professional photographer but I spent countless hours photographing the flies and I did my very best to capture the quality of each one. Some were easier than others. Many of the smaller patterns I was able to capture the smallest detail while the larger flies required that I moved back from the fly to get the entire fly in the picture. I did not play favorties and treated each submissions equally and if you feel I did your fly an injustice, I apologize, because I did my best with each fly submitted.

This contest is set up so that those who have entered a fly cannot vote for themselves and must vote for a different submissions. Let's keep the contest honest and I will be logging information that will be review at the end of the contest just to make sure somebody did not cheat to boost their numbers.

With the lack of submissions it was necessary that we combine some of the species so for anyone who submitted for multipe species you might find two flies in the same category.

There is a total of 5 species categories and each member may vote for each category once. When you have voted for a particular category it will not allow you to vote in that category again. Please take your time and vote for each category.

There is also a category "Best Overall Fly" where you may pick one pattern out of the 51 submitted that in your opinion is the best fly submitted for the contest. I will not tell anyone how to judge these patterns, just vote for whatever qualities that you feel make the best flies.

Good Luck to everyone who is participating and I truly appreciate every fly that was received!

Here is the link to begin voting: http://www.flytyingforum.com/?act=contest_vote[/b]

dern man, you weren`t kiddin, those are some great flies!! Mine are bad compared to the others. I`m done votin. Good luck to everyone! Wish I could win, but like they say, there`s always next year. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Top secrect? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. LOL. J/p. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Thanks Will for all the time and hard work you've put into this contest. You are a fine and admirable young man. A credit to you family and your species. Your wife should worship the ground you walk on and offer herself to you whenever you wish. You are a god among men! headbang.gif

Note: This was NOT a blatant attempt to get Smallies vote for my fly. I would never stoop to pandering for some silly contest. cool.gif

I got to say them were some of the best looking flies I have seen in a long time

I would have liked to had more than one vote in each category there were some sweet looking flies that I didn't want to pass up without at least a honorable mention.

Great job all

OSD.

Awesome collection of flies.

I had planned to enter my stonefly, tied 3 of those, but when I looked for the mailing address in the thread, I noticed that the contest was to be anonymous. After posting the recipe on the site, I disqualified myself. (DUH)

Good Luck to all the participants.

SDHflyfisher,

I am making a post in the "site help and suggestions" forum just to keep this thread from being flooded wit "tech" talk.

TB,

Flattery will get you nowhere, but I'll make sure I tell my wife what you said tongue.gif

Shoe,

I wish you would have submitted those flies it wasn't a big deal that the pattern remained a secret I just didn't want people saying "I'm gonna tie this fly" because then everyone would know what fly that person submitted.

It truly is a great set of flies and it goes to show the great amount of talent that is here, and so far the voting shows that it's gonna be a close one!