Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sudro

midge pattern

I suppose it is all relative as many people have a hard time tying any midge due to the size. Here are a few nymphs and a dry that do the trick for me though.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

the easiest midge to tie is a pupa, basically wrap thread around the hook with a wire or tinsel rib.

for dries the Griffith's Gnats are pretty easy to tie, you can also tie a very simple dry using a few hackle fibers for a tail, working thread for the body and a hackle wing

I agree with Croatalus an the pupa thing.... I tie most of mine on a curved hook, with a small brass or glass bead head, a tapered thread body ribbed with wire. The color, tail, wing, and beard possibilites (and combos) are massive with a selection of krystal flash. These are quick, easy, and very effective patterns!!!

look up tiger midges, they are very easy to tie and they catch bucketloads of fish,

use a hook size 16 and under, a gold bead, gold wire, and black thread that is it. it is a great midge

majestyja

It doesn't get much easier than a Griffiths Gnat. Peacock Herl, Grizzly Hackle, Whip Finish and you're done.