Fly Tying

FTOTY Trout Prize - custom built rod by Steeldrifter

If you don't know Steve has starting is own custom rod building business and he has been cranking out some impressive sticks for alot of members on the forums. He has graciously decided to donate one of his custom rods to the overall winner for the trout categories in this year's Fly Tyer of the Year contest. The unique part is Steve is going to be doing a variety of polls where everyone will get a chance to vote for color wraps, hardware, trim, eye finish color, etc. He has really been doing some amazing work so I guarantee the winner of this beauty will be more than pleased so keep an eye out for Steve's polls and make sure you get that rod exactly the way you want it. ;)

Check out Steve's website where he showcases some of the rods he has built recently: http://www.midwestcustomflyrods.com/

Thanks again to Steve for the donation, it is greatly appreciated. The generosity of the members here never cease to amaze me. :headbang:

Thanks Steve!!!! MY vote for wrap color is anything but chestnut!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding, I know this isnt where we vote for color choice

Steve Ill pm you the list of what and how Id like my rod er that rod made!!! ;) :j_k: Thanks buddy that is a sweet prize

Since the last poll everyone decided they want this rod to be a 7'6" 3/4wt "Tiger eye" blank. So I just wanted to show you guys the reel seat and grip I have for this giveaway rod now. These were donated by Les Frieborg of http://www.insertbyles.com/ . Les is well known for his excellent craftsmanship with inserts and grips and these are prime examples. The insert is a flawless piece of beautiful wood and the grip is "flor" grade cork which is the highest grade cork you can get. This insert will match perfectly with the "tiger eye" color blank.

Don't forgot....one of you guys will be the new owner of this rod for being the overall winner of the trout catagory in the FTOTY contest this year :headbang:

IPB Image

sounds great........ thanks mate.... all i have at the moment is a purple 9ft alpha fly rod that only cost 40 dollars........ i will be looking for a new rod in the near future.............