Fly Tying
Joe Hard

Striped Bass Swap

Daryn and fellow swappers:

I mailed my flies last Wednesday, 9/27, and was told that delivery should take 4-7 days. The 7 days have come and gone -- sorry for the tardiness of their arrival. I'm changing jobs and have been juggling too many commitments the last few weeks.

Bill

This is a reminder that the swap flies are past due. Please let me know how you are making out with your flies. Monday is Thanksgiving here in Canada. I would like to wrap this swap up by then. Or at least let the other members know when they can expect there flies. Thanks

I have received a few messages that the flies are on the way. Monday is Thanksgiving here and the post office is closed. I will check again on Tuesday, and have an update for you then.

I have also received word, that one of the swap members, is overburdened with school work and is unable to tie the flies and has dropped out. Your extra fly will be returned to you.

I am still waiting, as are other members in this swap to hear from a couple of tyers. I have sent Pm's and e-mails to everyone that has not either contacted me or already sent their flies. Please contact me or post here, if you are still tying or the flies are on the way. If you have other important obligations that has prevented you from tying flies from this swap. Let me know one way or the other.

There was lots of time to tie for this swap, maybe too much, tyers might have forgotten, but lets wrap this one up folks!!

Joe, have my flies made it? and you can keep my extra fly. As for my tardiness, there is no excuse for myself, I had my flies tied for months, but I dont get to the post office often, Thanks for hosting.

I received another package of flies today. I got there early and waited for a half hour for the mail to be sorted but that was it. I will check back in a few days. I updated the Striped Bass Swap Photo Thread.

Another reminder that the due date is past due. Please let me know how you are making out with your flies for this swap. I have no problem waiting as I know that things happen. Let me know how you are making out so I can update this thread with information for all the members in this swap.

I have received the majority of the flies from this swaps members. I know one more package is on the way. I have sent e mails where I could and personal messages to the other members but with no reply. I will wait until I receive the package I know is on its way, and make one last attempt at contacting the other members.

If you are in this swap let me/us know what is going on. If I have not heard from you buy the time I receive the package of flies that is in the mail. I will assume you have dropped out. If you reply here or send me a message I can let the other swappers know when they can expect the return of there flies. All in all I would like to wrap this swap up, divvy up the flies and return packages by the end of next week.

One more thing I would like to mention, is that when you put a return envelope in with your flies, do not put postage on them. This only applies if you are sending mail across countries borders. Stamps from one country are no good in another and can not be used. At least that is what the Post office told me last winter.

I will update this swap, when I receive the flies that are in the mail. If I do not hear anything from the other swap members, I will finnish this swap off and return the extra flies

Daryn:

Thanks for your frequent communications on the status of this swap, and for your polite, but firm, persistence in tracking down late submissions.

I apologize to you and the rest of the gang for tardiness of the arrival of my flies, which I am glad to hear have made it to you. I will be sure to mail swap packages that will cross international borders far ahead of their deadlines!

I look forward to receiving the flies when you deem it best to send them.

Bill

Any word on the remaining swappers?

By the way.. keep any extras of mine (the bucktail one was for you).

Rick

Sorry guys I am working double tides. They are the last set of the season. I sent everyone a personal message in this swap with a step by step of the fly I tied. I also said that I would be wrapping this swap up.

I am waiting on one more package of flies. They are on there way, there was an illness in this swap members family. One member has dropped out and three I have not heard from, (many messages sent to them with no replyies). They have made no posts in this thread so I asume they have dropped out. When the flies get here I will get them back to you, as fast as I can.

I just tried every link in your PM that you sent me and they all dont work!

Tried it using Internet Explorer and Firefox.

All the links worked fine for me, and Daryn, no prob here on the wait, I understand work is more important, and your job is alot different from ours, now go dig them dam worms!!! :lol: ;)

PS., dont forget to keep the extras out of mine.

Dustin.

None of the links worked for me either.

Not a big deal.. looking forward to trying what everyone made.

Rick

I just tried every link in your PM that you sent me and they all dont work!

Tried it using Internet Explorer and Firefox.