Fly Tying
colbyjack

outdoor scenery today

well folks as you know mack and i have had 2 really good weekends. we were gearing up for our 3rd hunt this saturday. well on the way home from work the wife calls and says mack cant walk and hes making all kinds of noise.

off to the animal emergency center of the quad cities. mack some how managed to break his leg. both bones are broke. so no hunting this season doc says. mid Jan. he'll be back to normal doc said. so now its R&R time for mack. hopefully he'll get healed up and remember what to do. man now i got to wait another year to get mack back out where he wants to be.

heres a pic of him tonight.

IPB Image

well thats a season ender..... -chris

he looks like he loves that collar :blink: sorry to hear that chris, but He needs the R&R now. lots of tlc and he'll be back to full health in no time.

What an awesome looking dog, I sure hope he recovers quickly. I've never seen a red cast before, looks like he'll be easy to spot.

Wow! I had no idea there was such great fishing in Denmark. If I ever get back to Europe, guess I'd better pack a rod along with my cameras. Gorgeous fish!

Hi tcr, do you fish for searun rainbows and browns? Those fish look strong and wild, and I probably shouldn't say this, but they look tasty as well. I know I'll never get tired of looking at fish photos, never. Great photos!

:D Peterjay, bring you rod if you ever come to Denmark.

We do hawe some great fishing for searun Browns along the coast.

Graham ,some weeks ago we had a big storm in Denmark

and a lot of the Rainbows got aut of the cages,that meens the fishgrowers

lost the fish to the ocean. So now we hawe fun ,they are on the West and North

side of Sealand. this Saturday was realy funny.they move in shoals of 5 to 30

sometime more. making short raids to near land

post-4230-1164646825_thumb.jpgpost-4230-1164646753_thumb.jpg

Tcr

tcr, I especially enjoy your closeup photos with a fly and fish scales!

I took a few snapshots this past weekend, spent the weekend in Santa Barbara for my son's birthday.

IPB Image

IPB Image

about a dozen dolphin were swimming past the pier

IPB Image

seems like they were playing, and splashing their tails a lot.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I've never seen a gull before with a red bill and red around the eyes, still can't figure out what kind it is?

IPB Image

It was a fun weekend and the weather was perfect.

Nice pix Graham, especially the dolphins - one of the things I loved about living in the Va. Beach area was the chance to watch wild dolphins hunting along the beach. We don't often see them this far north, close to shore anyway. It's tough to identify the gull from just a head shot, but there's a west coast species called Heermann's gull that has red around the eyes and a red beak. Your bird could possibly be an immature Heermann's. Or not. Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

tcr, i think i read somewhere that you use a Pentax Optio waterproof camera. Is that the camera you used for the previous photos?

I am interested in them since it is at the top of my Christmas wish list.

Thanks

Yes Crotalus all photos i posted is taken with my Pentax Optio

waterprof.The latest pic. was a lithle dark, but i like the camera

some shots i took todaypost-4230-1164811288_thumb.jpgpost-4230-1164811336_thumb.jpgpost-4230-1164811367_thumb.jpgpost-4230-1164811408_thumb.jpgpost-4230-1164811450_thumb.jpg

pike fly,sorry for the indoor shots :crying:

Tcr