Fly Tying
colbyjack

outdoor scenery today

Here is a picture of the same deadfall, after a few snow storms and a higher course tide. This picture is taken about an hour after high tide. Its amazing what can happen in a few days

IPB Image

Colbyjack, I grew up on the rock river. what a great fishery. I just took a job back in my hometown and the river was a huge influance on my decision to take the job. (fishin befor work.)

they said at one time, not sure if this is still true. but the rock river is the best smallmouth fishery in IL. it holds some great cats. and alot cleaner and less fishy as the ones on the old mississippi.

chrisfish i was in princeton today. gun show at the fair grounds.

but got my scope mounted today what ya think

IPB Image

-chris

I was down at the show yesterday also. Man was that place busy. I went back today to browz and sell a gun.

That gun you got is ready to reach out there. way out there! The smallies on the rock are doing good. I went a few times with my brother last year and they are thick in there. with lots of room to grow also. I'll take you up there at the end of april or the first part of may if you want and the smallies and white bass will be in a frenzy.

TCR,

When you fish for sea trout do you only fish coastal waters? Sinking line I would imagine? I once thought about it but I would say the salt would ruin the gear?

Really nice pictures there great fish.

Extreme stream,

Yes i love to fish the coastal water.

We use floating and slowintermedia lines.

After a trip to the salt i always put my reel

and line in a bucket of freshwater to get the salt aut

Best wishes tcrpost-4230-1170922556_thumb.jpg

Great photos guys.

Hey Colbyjack, I pity the fool that breaks into your house to steal the gumball machine...lol.. I wonder if the baseball bat get used before or after the gun. And what a gun it is, wow.

TCR, I'm so jealous, the fish and scenery in your part of the world are incredible. Thanks for sharing!!!

I cant't wait for spring season :cry: , so I hope these guys have done a good job to chase winter and darkness away during "Fasnet" - days.

post-10129-1171827543_thumb.jpg

post-10129-1171827578_thumb.jpg

post-10129-1171827598_thumb.jpg

post-10129-1171827726_thumb.jpg

@Chase Creek,

you are perfectly right. She remembers you well and asked me to send you a pic, so you can see, shee hasn't changed at all.

:devil: :yahoo:

post-10129-1171872309_thumb.jpg

Oh my! Tauchsieder, thanks to your help, we are now back in touch after so many years. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw she was wearing the shawl I bought her as a token of my affection many years ago. Again, thank you.