Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peterjay

Howdy

Hey guys - Just another bozo here - glad to have finally found a forum where civilized behavior is the rule and not the exception. I'm Peter Jacobson, a native Rhode Islander currently inhabiting a wooded plot on the banks of the Neversink River (NY) with my lovely bride Carrie and five rather surly dogs. Been at this for a while I guess, fly fishing and tying since the 1960s. I've had the pleasure of living and fishing in RI, Conn., Idaho, Maine (Brrrr), Virginia, Maryland, New York, and for a brief time, Florida. I don't remember much about Florida, since it was in my pre-sobriety days - I do seem to remember getting married there, but I certainly can't blame the whole state for that. My first love is casting flies to false albacore and bonito, but I also enjoy striper and trout/salmon fishing. I've done everything from selling real estate to bouncing drunks in a rock 'n roll joint. For a few years, I wrote a flyfishing column for a local paper in Connecticut, and was a reporter/columnist for a popular New England Saltwater flyfishing website. I've since then come to my senses and sworn off writing (for the most part) for the wonderful world of tournament poker. A regular job is out of the question. (shudder) Guess I'm rambling here, but I'd like to say how much I enjoy (and learn from) the forum, and I hope to meet some of you guys on the water. Tight lines to all.

Well Peter...we can always use another bozo :huh:

Glad to have you here, I think you will find that you are spot on as far as this not benig a BS only site...though there is some good fun from time to time. Jealous of your location and looking forward to some pictures.

Welcome aboard!!! This is a great place to spend some time sharing and gaining a wealth of information and having fun. Feel free to jump in and enjoy yourself

Duckydoty

Thanks for the warm welcome guys - the talent on this site is simply amazing - hope I find something to contribute - TBlue, I hope those Boise River browns are still keeping you guys busy out there