Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alex C.

Mounting Dumbell Eyes(Video)

Here's a short video on how to mount dumbell eyes. They're great for adding weight to a fly to get it down where you want it, and when you mount them on top of the shank the fly will ride "hook up", and let you fish some places you normally couldn't without getting snagged on something.

Hope this helps!

How to Mount Dumbell Eyes

Another good video! A lot of people will find that very useful. I remember tying my first eyes on and it was a mess... wish I'd had your video.

One bit of advice would be to use some thicker rod winding line for these video demos if you've got it... the thread shows up in the ones you've done, but thicker stuff might show up better.

Thanks for the feedback! I am working on a better "booth" right now, better lighting, etc. I've been using a 4XL hook so people could see better and didn't even think to use thicker thread :wallbash: Thanks again

Hi Alex,

Good Job! I'm sure this will be very helpful to many folks on this site. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com