Fly Tying

Virtual Fly Tying Classes

Hi there,

I concur that technology will allow us to do things we previously couldn't do. I would be interested in looking at the technology and helping out, as needed. I am a webmaster (bamsites.com) as well, and familiar with some of the new innovations with inexpensive equipment. I have some experience in speaking and teaching. Let me know if I can be of service.

Wow! and Thank You! This is a great idea. I hope you can get these recorded. I'm not sure if I would be able to watch many of them live, but I would definitely watch them if I could choose the time. It would also give those not on broadband a chance to watch them.

:D :D :D Your Virtual Fly Tying Forum sounds like-and I am sure it will be-a great contibution to sharing tying skills and methods. Count me in if I can be of help.

an idea to pay for it and make it availible to more people

possibly record it with a program like FRAPS and then burn it onto DVD's and sell them

this would make it accesible to people after the feed and you could use the money to pay for the server :dunno:

im already set up to burn dvds ( i have two DVD burners and can fit 3 more in my computer) i already have FRAPS and Nero 7 for the rest the production

i have no problem puchasing 3 more DVD burners if this is what we decide on :blink:

Will pm me if you want to explore this route farther

That probably won't work because this is going to be done via webcams and the video is not DVD quality. It is a good idea but something that is just not possible at this time.

Will,

I just joined today and am impressed, just as others have mentioned here. I am certainly not an expert, but I can find my way with computers, and I have taken a multitude of online real time classes on a professional site I use for info and CE. I understand all things associated with that, so far, but I never have used a camera real time with my computer or talked real time, always typed and communicated that way.

You said you bought your camera and mic at WalMart for $50.00. Does that unit cover everything I would need to attend and see and talk with you and others? What would I ask for, just a web cam?

I am just starting tying and have only been casting about 6 months. I was fortunate and started with a Master Caster and a group of Casting Instructors with the Federation of Fly Fishers in the U.S. They helped me a lot and took me from not even being able to get the line off the ground to being able to cast from my kayak of the coastal flats outside of Aransas Pass, Texas.

I want to keep learning, and I plan to let your site help me do that.

I will appreciate any help you or anyone can give me on the camera and microphone issue, and anything else I might need to participate. Also you mentioned the server you will need to handle online flytying sessions, I don't usually buy many caps and things like that, but if you have or will establish a PayPal account, I will be very happy yo contribute for that purpose, or I can just send a check.

Thanks,

Ray

Will what your doing is great, as soon as I come back from the salmon outing and save up a little more cash, you can count me in on instructing, and a calander.

Thanks, Dustin.

Will,

I just joined today and am impressed, just as others have mentioned here. I am certainly not an expert, but I can find my way with computers, and I have taken a multitude of online real time classes on a professional site I use for info and CE. I understand all things associated with that, so far, but I never have used a camera real time with my computer or talked real time, always typed and communicated that way.

You said you bought your camera and mic at WalMart for $50.00. Does that unit cover everything I would need to attend and see and talk with you and others? What would I ask for, just a web cam?

I am just starting tying and have only been casting about 6 months. I was fortunate and started with a Master Caster and a group of Casting Instructors with the Federation of Fly Fishers in the U.S. They helped me a lot and took me from not even being able to get the line off the ground to being able to cast from my kayak of the coastal flats outside of Aransas Pass, Texas.

I want to keep learning, and I plan to let your site help me do that.

I will appreciate any help you or anyone can give me on the camera and microphone issue, and anything else I might need to participate. Also you mentioned the server you will need to handle online flytying sessions, I don't usually buy many caps and things like that, but if you have or will establish a PayPal account, I will be very happy yo contribute for that purpose, or I can just send a check.

Thanks,

Ray

all you need to atend is a microphone and speakers

the only person that needs a web cam is the instructor

Harold Ray,

Yep, DaUP answered your question. To sit in on a class all you need is a mic which you should be able to find one at all Wal-Mart or office supply store for less than $10