Fly Tying
KVRNut

And Now Something Completely Different

Just thought I'd introduce some of you to a different style of photography that I do. Guaranteed to be 100% digital and a 'flight of fancy' if you will.

There are days when I get home from work when I can't get out the cameras or the fly rods and hit the out doors. (I think we've all had those types of days.) So I take some time and I sit down at my old pc and I fire up three programs. My mp3 player, Flight Sim 2004, and a screen shot program. It's then I get into the photography. Usually I'll go and do a Sunset Cloud Dance with one of my favorite aircraft, music that I can fly aerobatics to and some of the prettiest clouds I can try and make this machine of mine do. For me, it can be a real boost to the spirit or a release of all the day's frustrations when everything comes together to make a memorible experience that can leave one drained (I fly with full realism settings), and feeling like a million.

Just like when I use a camera, I'm looking for the 'the picture', focusing, zooming, trying to find the right angles, colors, textures and feeling. Other times I'm just having fun with the shutter. Hope you like the Dance.

Ernie

Canadair CT-114 Tutor Snowbird 2 The Tutor has got to be my hands down favorite jet to fly.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

BAE Hawk in Snowbird's livery.

IPB Image

CF-18 Hornet in Snowbird's livery.

IPB Image

CF-105 AVRO Arrow

IPB Image

IPB Image

Very cool! Gotta love the Avro Arrow! One of the finest fighters ever built, to bad they were scrapped before the world got to see them!

Great pics Ernie - flight simulators are great fun, not to mention risk-free. If I'd crashed as many real planes as I have virtual ones, my wife would have dumped my ashes into Block Island Sound years ago. Just can't seem to remember to keep my nose up when landing LOL.

im just waiting for flight sim x to come out this fall using the new DirectX 10 drivers (sorry computer nerd part of me poking through again)