Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
stony

Just won this on eBay

Alot of times I mess around on eBay and place lowball bids on stuff knowing I won't win them. Well, it backfired today. I placed a bid on this chest pack and I won it. I didn't think it would go for that price. Maybe somebody would outbid me for a buck.

Click Here

Oh well, either A)I have a new chest pack or B)something to put into the silent auction

One question, if you didnt want it why did ya bid on it?

Also I wish I had that kinda money to just play with.

If you don't want it, send it to me. After all, I need something to make me feel better, since I'm probably distantly related to that freak in your avatar.

One question, if you didnt want it why did ya bid on it?

Well, let me rephrase that. I did want it but I didn't want to win it.

Nice pack. I noticed something while reading the information about the seller on eBay. They said that Temple Fork Rods can no longer be sold on eBay. Do any of you know anything about if that is true and if so why?

stony, its guys like you that jack up the price for guys like me, bidding on something that you dont want to win, and thats not cool, not all of us have the kind of money others do.

stony, its guys like you that jack up the price for guys like me, bidding on something that you dont want to win, and thats not cool, not all of us have the kind of money others do.

What?

No one needs to justify a "reason" to bid on something at an auction. The item is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. We all have different assets and different needs. Life is not fair! I got over it..... so,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Best from Nashville-

Stack Scoville

I bid on quite a bit of stuff on eBay. I always put up what I would be willing to pay. In this case, the $70 I bid was the winning bid. Somebody else bid up to $69. I won with a buck. Like I said, I really didn't expect to win it. I can use it but I really didn't want to win it right now. It's going to sit in my garage until next spring.

That's the name of the game on eBay though.

What?

No one needs to justify a "reason" to bid on something at an auction. The item is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. We all have different assets and different needs. Life is not fair! I got over it..... so,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Best from Nashville-

Stack Scoville

Dude, because in the first post the first sentence states

Alot of times I mess around on eBay and place lowball bids on stuff knowing I won't win them.

So basically it is just causing someone else to have to pay more for something than they should have just because someone else doesn't have anything better to do. If you bid on something and someone just put bids on it for kicks to raise the price are you telling us you would be "oh well la de da"?

Dude, yes! Of course that is what I mean. If someone is bidding just to drive up the bid, he may get stuck with the item-having paid for it!! This is how free market capitalism works! There is nothing any bidder "should have" (to quote you) except what the high bid will buy.

If you want an item, pay for it! You apparently do not like the fact that someone has the ability/resources FOR WHATEVER REASON to outbid you. Sorry! But if you were the seller you would not have a problem with it!

B. f. N.-

Stack Scoville

lets calm down guys this isnt anything to get all worked up over ;)

I think what fishigan and flytime's point is - that you shouldnt bid on something if you dont actually "want" to win it. I can understand placeing a low bid and hopeing that on the off chance you might get lucky and win it, but if you place a bid and actually hope you dont win it and are actually hopeing that someone else outbids you....then why even bid in the first place and drive the price up for a guy that truely wants it but maybe cant afford to buy it new from a store.

Alot of times I mess around on eBay and place lowball bids on stuff knowing I won't win them.

So basically it is just causing someone else to have to pay more for something than they should have just because someone else doesn't have anything better to do. If you bid on something and someone just put bids on it for kicks to raise the price are you telling us you would be "oh well la de da"?

I am saying that anything I bid on, I would be willing to buy. I'm not bidding on curling irons and tampon dispensers. I bid on things that I would actually buy. I will bid the maximum I would be willing to pay and many times it's very very low. If I bid over you, then so be it. Do you actually think it would have gone for $25? I think not. I do place lowball bids because what if I actually won it for that? I'm bidding on a Bamboo rod right now and I am winning. Click Here if you want to see it. I have a set price that I am willing to pay and if you outbid that, so be it. La de da. Wouldn't it be sweet to get it for $66 though?

I'm not a sniper and sit on eBay looking at the last minute things all the time, although I have done it before on stuff that I really want and it is at a price I would be willing to pay.

This is an auction and the rules are the highest bidder wins.

I'm not complaining that Best Buy is all sold out of Playstation 3's and if I really really want one, that I would be willing to pay $5000 for it. That's America. Supply and Demand. If you had a Playstation 3 and Joe Schmukatelli was offering you $5000 for it and Jane Diddlybop was offering you $500, what would you do? Cash in hand, waving it in your face? I think you would give it to Joe because Jane may be extremely elated that you sold it to her for face value but she would also think you were an idiot because somebody else was offering you 5G's. I would be willing to bet that if you did sell it to Jane, not even 10 seconds would go by and she would sell it to Joe for the $5000.

So you can't say that I'm a jerk because I win something that I actually paid for. If somebody outbid me, I would be la de da, because they were willing to pay more for it than I was. They had the extra $1 and I didn't. So be it. That's how it works. That's America.

Forever and a day, you we will be surrounded by the Have's and the Have Not's. I am definitely not one of the Have's. I drive a 1984 LandCruiser and I lust over the new Tacoma's. Do I get one? No, because I don't currently have the means. When I do have the means, it will be in my garage. For now though, no.

I am saying that anything I bid on, I would be willing to buy. I'm not bidding on curling irons and tampon dispensers. I bid on things that I would actually buy. I will bid the maximum I would be willing to pay and many times it's very very low. If I bid over you, then so be it. Do you actually think it would have gone for $25? I think not. I do place lowball bids because what if I actually won it for that? I'm bidding on a Bamboo rod right now and I am winning. Click Here if you want to see it. I have a set price that I am willing to pay and if you outbid that, so be it. La de da. Wouldn't it be sweet to get it for $66 though?

I'm not a sniper and sit on eBay looking at the last minute things all the time, although I have done it before on stuff that I really want and it is at a price I would be willing to pay.

This is an auction and the rules are the highest bidder wins.

I'm not complaining that Best Buy is all sold out of Playstation 3's and if I really really want one, that I would be willing to pay $5000 for it. That's America. Supply and Demand. If you had a Playstation 3 and Joe Schmukatelli was offering you $5000 for it and Jane Diddlybop was offering you $500, what would you do? Cash in hand, waving it in your face? I think you would give it to Joe because Jane may be extremely elated that you sold it to her for face value but she would also think you were an idiot because somebody else was offering you 5G's. I would be willing to bet that if you did sell it to Jane, not even 10 seconds would go by and she would sell it to Joe for the $5000.

So you can't say that I'm a jerk because I win something that I actually paid for. If somebody outbid me, I would be la de da, because they were willing to pay more for it than I was. They had the extra $1 and I didn't. So be it. That's how it works. That's America.

Forever and a day, you we will be surrounded by the Have's and the Have Not's. I am definitely not one of the Have's. I drive a 1984 LandCruiser and I lust over the new Tacoma's. Do I get one? No, because I don't currently have the means. When I do have the means, it will be in my garage. For now though, no.