Fly Tying
Linesides

Lazy Susan Organizer

been thinking the same thing myself.

I have too many tools for my current tool caddy and i have a bunch of flash that needs organized.

I am leaning towards getting some wood and making my own organizer, that way i can get exactly what i want

I use this one:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

I keep 12 to 18 bobbins loaded, and this will handle them plus a ton of tools, head cement, etc. I found that some of the holes were a little too deep, so I filled them with foam cylinders.

Stef liked it enough that she wanted something like it. She's a fan of Oasis, and just got the one you're looking at in the mail the other day. She hasn't had time to play with it yet.

I ordered it 30 minutes ago. Thanks nightfish for the info. When I add up time and wood and finishing it and trying to find space to do that buying the Oasis is cheaper for me.

I like the Cabela's rotating caddy a lot, it is my #1 choice. The only problem I see is a lack of places for head cement. Maybe i will get it then just get a nice piece of wood and drill several holes to accomdate head cement bottles and keep them seperate from the tools.

Mine holds a jar of head cement, as well as a bottle of Hard Head. I put them in the spool compartments.

One odd thing...the Cabelas website & catalog show the carousel with the rods for holding spools. Mine didn't have the rods, and none of the others on the shelf at Cabelas had gtem either. Further, the shop guys had never seen one in the shop with the rods. It's ok though, because I probably would've pulled em out anyway.

Thats good to know nightfish, i would much rather put head cement in the center than thread spools.

One more question - can you tell me if any of the holes would accomodate the clear plastic applicator bottles shown on the far right of this page? I have several of them with different cements in them and ned a place to keep em.

Head cement bottles

Thanks

Nightfish

I just picked up the rotating tool caddy from Calelas in Dundee and mine did have the rods included with it. They were included in a plastic bag. All you need in a small piece of dowling because you just insert the thread holes through the dowling and it sits in the compartment.

Bob

Hi GS,

Gretchen and I order a couple of them and like them so much we decided to add them to our product line. They are great, you won't be disappointed. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

They are not too hard to make and can be made for a lot less money. I made one by taking two pieces of walnut lumber-one piece about 4 inches square and one piece about 5 inches square. Glue the 4 inch piece onto the 5 inch piece. Drill whatever size holes to fit the tools you have. Then attach a lazy susan turntable to the bottom. You can get them in most hardware stores for a buck or two.

I plan to add a third section to mine and will post a picture whenever I get around to finishing it.

Dave