Fly Tying
mhackney

Pheasant Tail variant + 1

Received flies from bellinghamster today - great pattern that Cream Soda! How about a recipe! I could use some more of those.

cheers,

Michael

Head: Cream soda colored bead

Hook: Mustad 3399A or your choice, I used size 12

Tail: Pheasant tail tips

Body: Cream/Light yellow dubbing

Rib: Fine copper wire

Neck/thorax: Dark olive antron dubbing

"legs": Two strands of flashbou

That was my own creation as far as a fly goes, so I hope it catches a lot of fish for you!

Ok, I heard back from 2 of the 3. The 3rd has only had 2 post on the FTF and that was to sign up for this swap! So, I am not counting on those flies. That still leaves 11 so we'll each be donating 2 flies to Casting for Recovery. Thanks guys and gal!

Cheers,

Michael

Sorry to everybody for holding this up. Got bound up at work and the deadline snuck up on me. Anyway, they are in the First Class mail, although sometimes coming from New Mexico can seem like mail is coming from outside the US.

Thanks

Bob

Ok, got flies fom Cavalierchamp today. Unfortunately, he did not read the swap rules and did not include return mailer and postage. I'll pick it up this time. I'll wait for NukeMaster's flies and then send them out. Everything is separated and ready to go within a few minutes.

cheers,

Michael

My first hosted swap coming to a close!

Good job on hosting!!! I'm sure you will host a lot more. I can't wait to see the results on this one!!!

Justin

FLIES SENT!!!

Thanks everyone! I've completed my first hosted swap. We got some great flies from everyone except the one fellow who went MIA after making 1 post. I had everything sorted and ready to go so when NukeMaster's flies came in today. I thought I was ready to go. Unfortunately, NukeMaster, buddy, you made it hard for me! He tagged each fly carefully with a little tag and a string - like a garage sale tag! Can you imagine the jumbled up mess 12 tag strings on 12 barbed hooks made? I cut all the strings off and poked the hook through the tag and then shipped everything off - "It's in the mail!" Also, there is 1 fly that has no tag - that's Cavalierchamp's fly. It was his first swap and he forgot to tag.

We got some great flies, I'll try to get a group photo and post here later this week. We also got something like 25 flies for me to send to Casting for Recovery. I will include a note and mention each of your names as donators.

I learned a lot about hosting a swap too! It isn't that bad!

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for hosting this one, good job of keeping everyone up to date. :headbang: Enjoyed tying for this one, look forward to you hosting some more!

Received my flies today. Nice set of PT variants.. Thanks all for sharing your patterns and thanks Michael for hosting the swap.

Robert

Great! I'll post photos this week.

It is Patriot's Day here in MA so no mail delivery. I'm waiting for flies from a swap pickn6ofem hosted!

Cheers,

Michael