Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

FTF/TFF/RBF Raffle rod build

As everyone knows the sites are pretty much self supported, meaning with a very few exceptions we dont have any big sponsors that foot the biils completely, as other sites do. So every once in awhile we do some sort of auction/raffle to help Will keep the doors open. So heres one that I'm sure everyone will want to get in on.

I will be doing a custom built rod that will be raffled off through all 3 sites. Best part is...this isnt just any old run of the mill rod or parts. The blank is a "Golden Olive" CTS Maxium 9' 4wt donated by Andy dear of Lamar fishing tackle http://www.lamarfishing.com/ The CTS Maxium is a very high dollar blank ($170 for just the blank). The reel seat is a beautiful seat with nickle silver hardware from Bellinger http://www.genuinebellinger.com/ . And the grip is a very nice grip that was custom turned by Bill (Whirnot) and is a mix of high grade cork and exotic cork.

Now heres the best part. When I am done building this rod, we will sell "tickets" here on all 3 sites and after a given time a ticket will be randomly choosen and some lucky member will be the new owner of a very high dollar beautiful fly rod that they will have in time for the spring season this year!

So you can have a chance to own this rod and help the sites all at the same time, because 100% of the profits will go directly to Will to be used to pay for the sites.

Follow along here in this topic for pics of the build as I build it, and also to find out more about how to buy tickets for the raffle.

IPB Image

That rod will be mine....Oh yes it will be mine!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: I hope ya got lotsa tickets Steve :headbang:

Dustin

I'm sick (just in the head at the moment) and I just licked the WHOLE rod. Sooooooo....unless you want my germs and any diseases associated with those, I suggest all of you that enter (and especially whomever wins) send this rod back to me, as so no one else gets harmed more than they need too!

:D

I just cant wait for the info on the tickets so I can get em all. Then post in the forum how great the rod handles when I'm rippin in them monsters at bennett springs next fall :P .

Wow! What a work of art. I got in on raffle tickets as quick as I could... and I hadn't even seen these pictures when I did.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I so hope I win this!!