Fly Tying
oatka

My 2nd Royal Coachman

Here's my second attempt at a royal coachman. I'm pleased with how this looks compared to attempt #1.

Of course I now think I need to get better peacock to work with and different hackle.

post-6177-1174438181_thumb.jpg

(time to pack up the materials and head to bed)

It looks good to me. I prefer a thiker hackle colar on mine, but thats, just me.

Paul

Nice floss work and tail hackle. I am trying to learn the herl collar myself, but the herk keeps breaking. Nice fly though. Caught my first calico bass on wet coachman MANY years ago.

Looking good Oatka. The thing with Coachmen is that it sort of brings out the artist in folks, so you get different plays with hackle densities and colouration etc. Yours looks like you need to take it fishing!! :)

Very very nice!!! :thumbsup: but you know you just started down the dark path there's still time, Run Run towards the light. Cause soon every week it's back to the fly shop for a few more things, then it's I need a bigger desk and then it's I need a room,before you know it your building a piece onto the house.

No really it's a great fly for your second 1 and I hope you have a great time tying for a very very long time :thumbup:

seanrus, there is no turning back. I think you missunderstood, this is my 2nd royal coachman, not my 2nd fly. I've been tying for about 10 years but can only think of 2 royal coachman's i've tied...both this week. As far as the bigger desk......well I've been working on that for months now. i use to use a tv dinner tray, but i'm upgrading to a sewing machine desk. it's nice, and i'll post pictures of it in about 30 years when i'm finally done customizing it.

Inconnu, it's funny you should mention that it looks like I should take it fishing. I had barely applied the head cement, when the darn thing turned towards me and very boldly said "OATKA, TAKE ME FISHING.....OR THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!!!" when a fly talks, I listen!

B)