Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NineZeroSeven

Swap list

I've created a simple spreadsheet to keep track of the swaps I'm involved in, and thought I may not be the only one having a hard time remembering these things. Sure, many of you probably already have this type of info recorded in a notebook or something - but I thought I'd make it available for those who'd like to use it. It is in MS Excel format (.XLS) If anyone would like to use it in a different format, let me know I'll see if I can get it saved in the format you need.

I've printed a copy, and will probably just leave it hung on my fly-desk, but you could keep it on the PC if you have one by the desk - would be even more user friendly.

Anyway - like I said, it's not earth shattering, but available if anyone wants it. I'll see if I'm able to attach it to this thread - if not, PM me and I'll either PM it or e-mail it as necessary.

:) I made up a spreadsheet too....Swap name/fly/size/date due/date sent/swapmeister name & address

....then I check off when I know they received it. BUT...I didn't make one copy....I made a dozen..front & back put it in a notebook next to the tying desk. I'M ADDICTED !!!!!

Me, too. Made one on Excel to keep track of where I am. Also have the SM's addresses as I get them. I run off a hard copy once in awhile to keep in front of my face at the tying desk as a reminder.

Flygirl, do you know of any support groups for swappers? (for my wife, not me)

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: I don't know of any as of yet...maybe we should start one on the chat at a certain time every night..."hi..my name is Flygirl & I'm a flytying addict"

I have my list integrated into a spread sheet with all my material inventoy, "to tie" list and hook reference charts.

I keep a copy on my PC and on my phone

all ya need is a simple pad of paper, a pencil/pen, and the pertanent info. All I keep is sm's addy for future swaps. all the other stuff spreadsheets, excel, etc... too much work. I rather spend my time tying flies, not taking computer ed classes.

oooh - Crotalus, sounds like a cool idea, I've wanted to start a list of flies 'yet to tie' and the materials I don't yet have to tie them... Maybe I can make a little computer stand by my desk and start keeping the info on my laptop - up to now, I've just been printing a list and keeping it on paper, would be more organized and accessible on the PC.