Fly Tying

I started using the Togen hooks about three months ago after making a purchase of them on e-bay. I tie

a couple hundred flies a month and have found little to no difference in quality between the Togen hooks

and the Mustads I have used in the past. Actually the Togens are a bit easier to bend for "Cripple Patterns"

and aren't quite as brittle as the Mustads. I have since purchased over 700 of these hooks for use in both

Dry, Emerger, Wet, Nymph and Streamer patterns. For the price I've paid for them on e-bay, I can't

cost justify paying for a pricier name brand when they seem to work just as well.

They are cheap and they catch fish, What else do you need? Also, I have bought alot of beads from them as well, they are just as good and inexspensive as well. (Except the smaller size, the hole is too large for the eye of the hook.) :ph34r:

I love the Togen hooks. The problem I have is that it takes too long for delivery. I have gone over to Saber hooks, I can get these in about three days. Both brands are a heck of a lot cheaper then TMC or Daiichi but are just as good. Keep tying!!!. :wheelchair:

I tied a bunch of wet flies on the Sabers. I've noticed tiny little rust spots in my fly box from the flies that I used and put away. Beware. Dry your flys on a fly patch before putting them back into your fly box. :angry:

nymphnut; I've used sabers for a couple of years and never had a problem with them rusting after using them and putting back in my box. You must have been using some other cheap brand and got them confused with the sabers.

Hi Lou!

Say....aren't you buds with the dude that owns that fly shop in Ansonia Pa? Small world we live in.:dunno: I noticed he had a pretty good selection of Sabers the last time I was in there.

You must have been using some other cheap brand and got them confused with the sabers.

Nope nope nope. They were Sabers. Look at the rust marks. What a waste of money. $6.50 a 100 and that's about all they are worth. :ripped:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Nymphnut; Myself and a lot of people from my fly tying group use them and no rust after use must be something peculiar to you. I don't recall meeting you or remember your screen name from any other sites.

Sure didn't have much effect on those Montana, Mustad and Tiemco hooks living next to those Sabers. :dunno:

Maybe it's the Pine and Kettle Creek WATER! :hyst: