Fly Tying
geozip

Foam #3 (anything with foam) Pictures

I thought this would spoil the suprise, but it has increased the anticipation instead! Thanks for the pictures, lots of these will be great trout flies as well! :)

There on thier way to you Kerry, thoes frogs man some guy's sent me a tiny box and it was a bit tough to get them in, but I got 'em in!!

When my boy and I set the flies from this swap out, he immediately gravitated to the huge foam frog... he knows just where we need to fish that this summer.

Awesome stuff, though... and thanks much to geozip for the picture gallery. Can't wait to get some of these flies on the water... including the crease fly that I did!!

Hey Madkasel, have you used the Crease flies before? I was in the Crease Fly swap and have a bunch of them. I was thinking that when fish are feeding on schools of baitfish, the baitfish will come to the surface and flip along on their sides. This is true on the ocean where I fish salmon. I would think that if the Crease was fished right on the surface when this kind of activity was happening, it should be effective. :)

Inconnu, my frog was missing it's pirate eye patch! it must have been confiscated at customs!

Thanks for the great flies everyone. Just as others have said, I might need to get another box.

Hey Madkasel, have you used the Crease flies before? I was in the Crease Fly swap and have a bunch of them. I was thinking that when fish are feeding on schools of baitfish, the baitfish will come to the surface and flip along on their sides. This is true on the ocean where I fish salmon. I would think that if the Crease was fished right on the surface when this kind of activity was happening, it should be effective. :)

No, I haven't fished it before, but I've seen plenty of situations where bass were chasing baitfish around the surface... that's where I picture using it most effectively and strategically. Or just pitch it out to the edge of the lillypads as I would a popper or gurgler or anything like that.