Fly Tying

saltwater swap

Hey guys I'm new here, but would love to join in.

I don't know how ya'll run them.

If I can get in, I'll tie 3-D Neer Hair Minnows.

Capt. Rey Enriquez

Tampa, FL

Hey guys I'm new here, but would love to join in.

I don't know how ya'll run them.

If I can get in, I'll tie 3-D Neer Hair Minnows.

Capt. Rey Enriquez

Tampa, FL

Rey: I'll defer to Swapmeister bassturd on the explanation of how this swap is being run, but welcome to the gang!

Jim: My silversides went into the mail this afternoon.

Bill

Question, do ya'll use crab patterns at all? If so, instead of the 3-D, I'll tie a N.Fla killer, the Batman. It's fairly heavy with brass dumbell eyes, but I'm sure I can try to lighten it up to stay on the top of the water column. Let me know.

Welcome to the site backcast79 and the swap polease refer to the rules pinned at the top of the swap page if you have any questions after that just ask Its pretty simple.

Irecieved a killer looking set of flies today from Billb and cant wait to see what everyone else comes up with

I guess that I will close this swap to new entrants tonight unless some one joins before midnite.

So everyone ties 9 flies and you will get one of your own back.

Just pm me for my adress when flies are ready to go out.

mine went in the mail today. i can't wait to see what we have. if you can get mine back before June 1st, that would be awesome. i'm leaving June 2nd for my annual FL Keys trip and would love to use some of them.

see ya... k

Don't know why I didn't see the date earlier :dunno:

Kenneth K, what are you targeting in the keys? I've got LOTS of materials to tie up clousers, charlies, and I'd love for you to try out some other crustacean-type flies that I've had laying around. Let me know.

Rey

anything that bites :)

no really, i'm really after shark, snook, tarpon, and bonefish down there. we're down there for 2 weeks every year, and i spend the first 2 days out on the backwater flats catching snapper and grouper that we use to feed us for the length of our vacation. then after we have fish to eat for two weeks, we start playing. we'll head out after dolphin a few days, then work in some baracudas, then some sharks, and sometimes stingray. ooohhh, a small stingray would be fun on a fly rod.

i've heard tarpon will hit crab patterns under the bridges and of course the bonefish love shrimp and crab. so if you have some flies laying around, i'll get them wet for you. hell, if you can get away, come on down in June. :) i've got the boat, you just bring your rod.

see ya... k

MOst of my bridge tarpon have been caught on large shrimp patterns tied in white and tan.

I'll try to get some together for you before you go. Last time we were down there we had a blast with BIG cudas on fly. I've got a couple of ballyhoo tied up that I'd love to have pics of some pelagics on!