Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
camoham

1st official clouser

my first clouser with good materials (good eyes instead of painted bead chain, etc.)

although i literally have tons of deer hair, i broke down and bought a "northern" dyed chart. bucktail (which about killed me to do). my white is still longer so i had to watch lengths. :blink:

krystal flash is an amazing material. i am thinking that the camera does not do this stuff justice. very reflective. a predator will just have to love that.

IPB Image

think i got the eye 1/3 back. ive been reading suggestions, and "sparse" seems to be the consensus. requires restraint as i always want to put more in! still in debate whether i want to keep painting eyes..........or buy the googly doll eyes at a craft store.

supposed to be in the 80's this weekend. i need to make a couple more! :headbang:

any suggestions and comments are greatly welcomed. i will need advice to make any adjustments.

thanks

camoham

Looks good!!

I like to tie my eyes, just a smidgen back, but the hair is nice and sparce :headbang: Excellent! :yahoo:

Outstanding!! I especially like the placment of the eyes, the sparseness of the tie, and the proportion of hook size to fly length. Very nice!

-- Mike

Very nice! The eyes could be back a little, The white buck tail on the bottom you wrapped the thread to close too the eyes, When you look at the bucktail over the eyes it is in a half circle, It should be at a much smaller angle. According to Mr. Clouser

Very nice job. :D You're right - sparse is the way to go. Eye placemnt is good. Some folks like it a little closer to the hook eye, some a little farther from the hook eye. A little varience doesn't make much difference. That fly will catch more than a few fish.