Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fly_guy_stu

Ally's Cascade

This is a variation of the Ally's Shrimp tied by Alastair Gowans which has proved to be killer in Britain. The Ally's Shrimp accounts for over half of the Salmon caught on Scottish rivers each year (I'm not sure about English waters but it is a fair percentage). The Cascade is so effective that it is banned on a handful of rivers.

Hi Stu!!!!!!! Long time since we've talked!!!!! Let me know how you're doing over there when you get a chance.

Great fly too by the way!!!!!!!

Sorry Stu, I forgot where it was located, thought the step by step was part of this thread. oops. Thanks.

Great step by step by the way!!

I had a day on the Carron the other day and the conditions were perfect. Ofcourse, i was fishing the cascade and had a few tugs before lunch but nothing held. During lunch the river rose a foot and a half (it was two and a half feet on the guage in the morning) rendering the fishing virtually impossible, well so we thought. On my last cast I had my line stripped out and then it all went slack :dunno:

Stu