Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rampratyow

Dry Fly

See my previous post, "SWAPPERS POSTAGE!!! ALL PLEASE READ!!!", in "Tip of the Day" Forum. Then, contact your own Postal Service for fine-tuning.

Postage Link

I'm not sure why but that post didn't show up under the Tip of the Day forum. I had to do a search. I haven't adjusted any of the forum settings so maybe by default it doesn't show older posts?

Anyway, I posted the link.

edit ---

Found the problem, at the bottom of the forums there is a box to change what is shown, it defaults to the last 30 days. wallbash.gif I'll leave the link just to make it easier, biggrin.gif

hey guys and girls swap is on we have 6 so far and the list of what flies and who is doing what is on the first page, the postage info remark was interesting but I still say if the USA people agree to just buy enough postage for your flies to be shipped back from upstate New York and I will cross over take care of customs issue's and mail them from there cheapier for you I would think and hey my wife wants to go shopping (sigh) anyway take care James headbang.gif P.S. due date is set for 23 may 23 2004

hey everyone me again lets say as of April 1 the swap will be closed to any new comers that way we all how many flies to tie as it is now we have 6

James Mayfly

Julie Bumble bee

Walker Humpy

Tom Ausable Wulff or Hay Stacker

McFly Brown Wulff

BarFly Tom Thumbs

I personally have never heard of a Hay Stacker or Tom Thumbs I have looked for a pic of these but have so far have turned up nothing is there a pic of these online somewhere that any of you may know of dunno.gif ? and again the close dtae will may may 23. James headbang.gif

rampratyow,

The haystack fly is a hair wing fly with no feather hackle. The deer hair is flaired 180 degrees so it's silhouette can represent many insect profiles. It is tied in a variety of colors to match the original insects of the area. Check out Fran Betters site for some additional information:

http://www.adirondackflyfishing.com/

and here is another shot of the haystack:

http://www.worleybuggerflyco.com/flypatterninde/haystack.htm

Tom

Haven't tried them yet. The trout season doesn't start until 4/24 here in Michigan other than a select few waters, and most of them are for stockers. I wasn't going to waste them on stockers and will probably use them for models to tie up some more.

rampratyow

I'm finishing up my flies for the Terrestrial swap then I'll be starting the dry's (so I have not started them yet). Sounds like some neat flies in the swap, I look forward to seeing them

Take care...

Tom

QUOTE (Dornug @ Apr 9 2004, 06:33 PM)
Haven't tried them yet. The trout season doesn't start until 4/24 here in Michigan other than a select few waters, and most of them are for stockers. I wasn't going to waste them on stockers and will probably use them for models to tie up some more.

I'm sure everyone was scratching their head when they read my post. That's what happens when you check the site briefly in between working double shifts and don't read all the posts. I thought this thread was regarding an old dry fly swap and was asking if we had tried the flies yet. OOPS!

Sorry I can't get in another right now since work is hitting me pretty hard and my boxes still need some work that I hope to get to soon.