Fly Tying
mozes

How many languages can you guys speak fluently.

You talk Russian? You can talk American, can`t you? I can only speak one language, and that`s English. When I`m out at Graham`s and the mexicans that work out there start talkin and laughin and stuff, it kinda makes me mad, cause I`m sure they`re talkin about me. I`m gonna take Spanish in high school, so I will know for sure if they`re talkin about us. lol. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

You are correct. My post title should say "foreign languages". Speaking of spanish my wife is learning spanish. She is working down on the islands. She is a pilot and based in San Juan Puerto Rico. She is flying all over the carribian islands. Spanish comes in very handy down there wink.gif .

Engelensh. wink.gif

Actually, I read this as a reply on a job application when the application asked the same question.

We didn't hire that person. rolleyes.gif

Don't know any fluently, but I know enough Spanish to order a beer, get in a fight, or get laid in Tijuana. I used to know enough Tagalic (sp?) to order a beer or get laid in the Philippines. Unfortunately, I only know enough English anymore (it seems) to order a beer here in the states. blink.gif bugeyes.gif

Al

I had umpteen years of French from elem-thru High School followed by 3 more years in college. Haven't used it since......I can still read French and if it is spoken slow enough, understand it. If I had it to do all over again, i would have taken Spanish......I could really use it at work now.......When i was a young kid (late 60's-early 70's) my father got stationed in Turkey and we lived off the base in a small Turkish town. My brother and i ran the streets all day with Turkish kids. we learned the spoken language pretty well(no reading/writing). any time we went anywhere w/our parents or other American adults, I was the translator......

omg troutbum, thats funny....

i can speak and write english and spanish.... and this fall i'm going to work on learning german. I can speak enough polish to get by, but that isn't saying much.

steve

Papa Hemingway- Cute! dry.gif (remember this is a family restaurant!)

Anybody else- normal answers - no 'intellectual' entendre' included. mad.gif

I had 5 years of German in HS and college, and I can fluently tell you, "I don't understand what you are saying, but I believe you are a little bit crazy." I figure with that, I can plead ignorance and put them on the defensive at the same time. I enjoy watching the Deutche news in the middle of the night, and after 20 + years, I am surprised by how well I can follow it.

I was Stationed in Korea for 2 years and married to a Korean for 9. I learned to read and speak Hangul very well. Years later, a couple dozen words, a few phrases, counting to 20 and a vague memory of the alphabet are all that come to mind.