Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
day5

Spring steelhead nymph swap

I got mine today too!! Lots of absolutely great patterns! I got the soft hackle swap back today too - life is good!! AND I got a Spider Grub!!!!!!! Wa-hoo!!! Now I'm gonna go get that lottery ticket!!

Thanks for the Spider Grub and for hosting Matt!

Got mine last night - no spider grub, but *I* got to hang with day5 and twohearted. Tied flies, ate pizza, drank Bell's, and watched some SERIOUS trout fishing on a video. Forgot to film PK's peeking caddis being tied :wallbash: though. I'll still try to film it, then maybe have day5 help me upload it to Hatches TV.

Great flies everyone! Thanks for the great swap.

-pk

I also would like to thank Day5 and everyone else for this swap.. it was one of the best i have been part of so far! I was truly humbled by some of the flies that were tied and now am trying to step my game up another notch! I also received one of the Spider Grubs and wanted to thank you for sending me one!!

Received my flies today! Very nice selection...AND I got a Spider Grub. Woo-hoo! It'll be my model as I have the same type of hook day5 used...mine are 3/0.

Thanks again for hosting.

Later...

wondering if any of you have been out fishing your new flies yet..not me been swamped at work :angry: and it doesn't look good for spring one of the guys is retiring so that is more work for us other 5 to pickup..And I really hope they do not cancel my vacation (yearly fishing trip) in MAY cuz that would bite...

Mike :D

New Years Eve morning I used the one I tied (an extra that I had tied) b/c I hadn't gotten everyone else's yet. I got a light strike, but wasn't quick enough on the draw. After that I only watched other people catch fish (day5 and twohearted)....

I haven't been out since we got the flies, however, so I haven't had a chance to try all the cool flies you all sent in.

-pk