Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Wulff

Water Colours

haha, fooled ya. Just having some fun with themes, this weeks being the water colours.

Gadwell?

IPB Image

GreenWing Teal

IPB Image

Greenwing Teal

IPB Image

American Widgeon

IPB Image

Bufflehead:

IPB Image

Bufflehead:

IPB Image

American Widgeon:

IPB Image

Spectacular photos, John. They are all wonderfully composed. The second bufflehead is my favorite of the lot. The coloration of the head really caught my eye. Thank you for sharing.

Top notch John...

I love the water in the back ground on this one especially ....

IPB Image

Wow John! Wonderful photos! The colors of the birds and the water is so crisp and vivid! Mokai, that one is my fave also!

John, what lense did you use? The 400L?

Thanks all.

The widgeon on the silvery water is my favorite as well, Im considering having it enlarged and printed poster size. Gonna have the word "Quicksilver" watermarked along the bottom.

Frogfish.

The shots were taken with the 40D and 400 f5.6 L

Not only were they were the some of the best Ive taken with that combo, they will be my last. Santa came early for me today. A good friend and shooting companion is pulling te trigger on Canons flagship 1DMarkIII. In order to buy that beast he has to sell months old 1DMKIIn.

and Im the tickled pink proud new owner

:)

Congrats on the 'new' camera John! Will look forward to seeing the pictures you take with it.

I have to agree with the others that the Quicksilver shot is a real dandy. The jumble of the bird's wake adds a great effect. The Gadwell? picture is my personal favorite though. The colors seem to grab my attention, hold it, then invite further exploration of the picture. There's also the difference in texture with the softness of the background reflected in the water combined with the crispness of the bird that I find appealing.

All in all, beautiful work John!

Ernie

Best of luck with the new camera John. I don't think you could have made a better choice for the kind of stuff you do. And it can double as a weapon in case you're attacked by an enraged moose.

Congrats on the new camera John! We look forward to even greater pictures now! :P

What was the f-stop did you shoot your "Quicksilver" picture on?