Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
RoyalWulff

Hair Stacker Issue

I recently bought a griffin extension hair stacker. But when I stick anything in it to stack and try to pull out the insert to remove the hair, the hair is always left inside the hair stacker. This does not happen with my other griffin hair stacker. ANyone else have this happen? is there a solution?

Phil

get a dryer sheet and wipe the inside of the stacker tube. should get rid of the clinging static or use the other stacker :D

Turn the stacker parallel to your bench and slowly ease the tube out of the stacker.

Ditto, I like to use a sheet of "bounce " and run it through thr inner tube several times.

Hair gives off alot of static electricity.

I always turn the staker parallel to my bench. I was thinking that some of the not so straight tips of hair are getting caught in the bottom section of the hair stacker. If anyone is familier with the adjustible type you will know when looking down into it, there is a chance for that to happen.

Has anyone else experienced this?

RW - I had the same problem and just quit using the stacker. Must be something in the design. Now use the AK Best stackers and love them.

b.p.

I have that same adjustable stacker and also quit using it (as intended anyway).

Try stacking with only the brass insert tube :-

With the tube sitting vertically on the bench, load your hair tips first into the flared end

of the tube as per usual.

While holding the tube vertically on the bench in your hand, knock it on the side with your

other hand several times to make the hair stack.

Lift the tube at 45 degree angle and pinch the hairs between thumb and forefinger of other hand.

I gave my son a little piece of copper pipe and he uses it to stack with this technique.