Fly Tying
monty3777

Danvise?

Please help me out here . Could enyone tell me who is the manufacturer of the danvise?

I guess it comes from Denmark. I searched on google but cant find the link enywhere. :help:

Please help me out here . Could enyone tell me who is the manufacturer of the danvise?

I guess it comes from Denmark. I searched on google but cant find the link enywhere. :help:

I believe the company is called Danica. When I was looking for a rotary vise I tried searching for a manufacturer website for the Danvise as well but came up empty. I ended up buying one called the ezee rotary that I think is made by zephyr. Here is a link. At under $50.00 the price was more than right.

http://www.jaysflyshop.com/

there are better vises, much better but the vise doesn't tie the fly, it only holds the hook so the person behind it can tie the fly.

I would have to say that that has said it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Guest Big E

I'd like to put in my vote for the Renzetti. Last year I was looking for a vice. I read the reviews, looked at them at the Cabelas across the state and then I went on Ebay. I watched Ebay for about a month or so and the one thing I noticed was that there were a ton of cheap vices on there but when a Renzetti did show up (which was much less frequently as the cheapies) it always sold, and sold for a price pretty close to what you could buy a new one for.

I have a Renzetti and although I don't tie as much as I should, I still love tying on it every time I do. I am also assured that no matter how long it sits on my bench unused, I don't have to worry about whether or not its going to work when I get the urge to tie something.

Not only will the Renzetti last you a long time, if you do ever decide its not for you, it will hold its resale value quite well.