Fly Tying
Mokai

Been working on Framing in PS CS3

Here are a few more from my recent outing on a nice clear day..

Been doing some matting/framing in photoshop trying to highlight each different photos color tones..

What do you think..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Those are some pretty nice pictures. I really like the last one, reminds me of back home in one of the hollars my dad and I used to hunt in. Your frames look great. I think you really captured the colors in each of the photos with their frames. Nice looking work, and thanks for the memory trip.

Ashby

Andrew, since you asked, I find the mats a bit distracting, especially the warmer colors, which tend to jump out at the viewer. If they were mine, I'd probably go with something much lighter and less obtrusive, keeping the temperature relative to the image. It's probably a matter of personal taste, but Ive never been fond of dark mats at all, except for the occasional image that seems to cry out for them. Just my $.02 worth.

Very heavy bevels and deep drop shadows have not been used in web graphics for probably 10 years or more. To me, they take too much away from otherwise beautiful images. Personally, when I see any type of borders on photos showcased on the web I prefer the color to be white with a small black line outside of that. It looks professional and compliments the photos.

Thanks for the comments guys..

I kind of feel that the colors bring out the photos and make them pop a bit more than with out, but everyone has their personal taste i guess..

I do appreciate your honest opinions though..I would not want it any other way..Honesty helps us grow i think..

Hey Andrew, I occasionally use beveled frames, and think they look best with landscape images. I think I find your frames a bit distracting only because the image floats above the beveled frame with a drop shadow. I think it may perhaps look better if the image appears to be inside the frame instead of floating over it. Looks like you're having fun playing with Photoshop, which I enjoy doing as well.

Graham

Andrew,

I like that you're being creative with your photos. It's fun to play in photoshop. Maybe try adding a soft glow behind the photo if you want to emphasize a specific color. Kind of like the rear illuminating TVs do. Maybe something like this?

IPB Image