Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Reel Recovery Fund Raiser, To help Cancer survivors

I somehow missed that this was going on.

In for $20. Will paypal shortly... might have to do a transfer first.

In for 40 flies as well.

Better get tying. It's odd how rarely I seem to tie for myself anymore. TU events, stuff like this, swaps, etc. That's not a complaint - I love it!

BUMP - ing this back up to the top.

I've tied up a bunch o' size 14 beadhead hare's ears so far... and my 9 year old has tied up a few size 10s to contribute, as well!

He's also helped out by sitting at the kitchen table with a tray, a bowl of beads, some hooks and a piece of foam... dozens of hooks with beads on thanks to his little fingers, ready to go!!

Ok, just went to the Fly Shop and picked up a bunch of Dry Fly Tying materials... I've never done Dries but I'm gonna learn darnit! For the cause!

Hope they turn out fishable! :P

Mark

I'll send 40 at least. Aint nothin' to it. My wife and i and a lot of the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild guys have been tyin' for Casting For Recovery from day one, the first year.....which if memory serves was '99. I'll shoot 'em off to ya asap. After i get 'em tyed that is. :D I'll do ya "my new" Unusual Usual. Wing and Tail from a Usual.....body from a CDC and Elk. In size 10. KILLER fly. mark..... B)

Steeldrifter I just got back from the post office. I'm sending you some flies for your Reel Recovery program.

Steeldrifter, I just noticed this and would be proud to be included. I'm running a little low on hooks and have no time to order any, but I could send a variety of flies if thats acceptable. Im sure that mine aren't as good as some of the other members, but I will give it my best shot.

Take Care,

I have my 40+ complete, as well, and plan to get to the post office in the next day or two. Mostly beadhead hares ears, plus some bitty black caddis nymphs that have proven to be killer. A couple foam beetles, too, that should catch fish on just about any piece of inland water.