Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Derington

Muddler Head

Bruce,

Thanks so much, that helped a ton. I was trying to tie the second clump pushed up against the first (wasn't working well) That video showed me exactly where I was going wrong.

Now I have something to practice later today!

Thanks ever so much for taking your time and effort to :help: me with this. :thumbup:

Mark

I would like to take a peek at that also. How do I get into Hatches TV? When I click the link I get an ad that is linked to the magazine subscription. Do I need to be a subscriber to the newsletter or the magazine?

Well that was weird. I guess third time is a charm. 3rd click on the link brought up the video clip.

ya u got to click the top corner where it says click for video. thats am good video! now I just got to say the heck with it and try a muddler minnow! kinda seems hard to spin the hair? maybe I am thinking to much instead of doing! thnx again for the vid

I will always stack my first clump, if I'm leaving a collar of sorts, if not then I don't worry about it and just spin that s***.

Bruce may I ask what kind of feather that is that you are using on that muddler, I really like the "classic" kind of look, very nice and clean muddler as well.

Steve

is it really necessairy to stack the hair? I mean your just going to cut it anyway

Steve P nailed it - if you want a collar, then go ahead and stack - otherwise

grab the hair, snip it from the hide, clip the tips off and spin it.

I've seen the best of the best do it this way.