Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SnagmasterQueedo

critters in the fly tying materials

Grrrr... You wanna hear something that will just tear your heart out?

I was engrossed in tying some #14 Adams for that cancer patient fly fishing thing so I had my brown and grizzly necks out.... my two brand new #2 Mustads that I had just got I might add.

I went to reach for my brown neck and it wasn't there. I look over and our American Eskimo named Blizzard was busy shacking the ugly out of some sort of little animal. Hmmm,where did he get an animal? Oh crap!! Wait a minute! That's my new neck!

He had torn it in half and a lot of the feathers were loose but most I managed to save. Anyone want to buy a dog cheap? If not i'm going to take him out hunting.... two go out... only one comes back! :devil:

Good bird dogs have soft mouths and don't damage your quarry. However I wound not leave any of my feathers about back when my Brittany was alive because no matter how good she was in the field she could still be bad around a pile of loose feathers. lol lol

heck, if he's that into the saddle...use it to train him with. Thats a dang good dog. If only more dogs were that well trained for birds. Granted, I understand your frustration, but if he's doing that to a hide, immagine when he gets to hunt for the real thing!

Lesson one when tying with a dog in the house: Keep everything Locked up

I have an English Springer Spaniel who found my feathers no matter where I put them. Now Sadie just sniffs around a cabnet I keep everything in.

Hahahaha guys....Actually the neck was sitting right beside me and I never saw him take it he was so quiet about it instead of training him to be a bird dog it might be more profitable to train him to be a pick pocket lol. But,that is a good point, though not a birding type animal he may have good hunting intincts in there.