Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sherrib

Great Day!

This was really exciting. I went fishing today on the lower Illinois in Oklahoma. The fish were really biting good and I was catching them almost every cast on a Hares Ear with a Tungsten bead that I had tied. This was really big for me as I just started tying. Anyway as I was there a spin fisherman came up and was commenting on the number of fish I was catching and as to what they were biting on. I showed him my fly and then gave him one wich I also helped him tie on to his spinning rod with some tippet and a strike indicator, of course he couldn't cast it out and was pretty envious of the amount of fish I was catching and asked if I had another fly rod. I did and got it out and tried to show him how to cast, to make a long story short he caught a fish on my rod and said "Man I have got to buy a fly rod!" "This is awesome!" He also said that he never had received fishing advice from a girl! Sorry just had to brag a bit. :yahoo: Sherri

That is great! I enjoy helping others learn about flyfishing just as much as I enjoy flyfishing myself.

On the other hand, we could look at you as a "Pusher" of another addiction ;)

:headbang: :headbang:

duckydoty

Very cool!

but you know, when he tells his buddies that he's going to try fly fishing, and they ask why, his story will not have any mention that he was outfished by a girl!

Nice job!

cool........

hey oatka maybe jsut maybe he will tell his friends and they will be like....dude we gotta go fishing with you more often :D

mike :D

great that you could spread the addiction to another. keep it up! glad ya had a good time! my one friend can't stand to fish he has no patience. well we took him fly fishing and he had a blast! he caught lots of fish and told me later that regular fishing is boring just casting and waiting for a bite. with fly fishing I had to cast the line and work the fly and fight the fish. he can't wait to go again. this is from someone that would cast a spin rod for 10 minutes and give up. theres just something about fly fishing that is so great! I love it! I need my fly fishing fix and its froze out there! I am going crazy! melt river melt!!!!!