Fly Tying
Twofingerz

Rattlin' Rockbass

just a little something i dreamed up. with some added luck i hope to get some pike on this come spring time as this is not yet tested. my tying skills are not where they need to be quite yet but i think this will catch some fish.

Those are gonna catch some Pike, Musky too if you got em. Seems like anything green, that gets out over dark water will get eaten. Very inventive pattern. Its got a very rock bass look to it.

just a little something i dreamed up. with some added luck i hope to get some pike on this come spring time as this is not yet tested. my tying skills are not where they need to be quite yet but i think this will catch some fish.

If your tying skills aren't up to where you think they should be, you'd better start designing flies and selling them when you think you're at that level!

Recipe?

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Steve, if you click just above the picture where the name of the fly is underlined, it'll take you to the recipe.

Twofingerz, I am really intrigued by the silhouette of this fly. I bet in the right colors, in a brackish or even full salt area, that would make a great flatfish or other flat creature imitation when allowed to lay and then just teased across the bottom.

Nice work!

That's a fantastic tye. Really does a hell of a good job imitain' a Red Eye Rock Bass. I like the fact that you tyed it on a Stinger hook. Should hold real well in the corner of a Pike's mouth. I'd love to see this fly fished or fish it myself. Wanna swap? Two of yours, (one to save and display in my gallery and one to fish) for two of mine. Giant soft hackle Salmon/Steelie flies, WITH WINGS, etc. I'll even do 'em on a special hook for ya. We won't even have to waste money on postage.....i "KNOW" your commin' to the http://www.ClearwaterJunction.com in June. ;) We can swap then, COOL? Lemme know. mark..... B)

thanks for the compliments guys.

Mark, will see you in June. Thanks for the offer. I will be happy to give you a few. Better get a closer look before you deem them Gallery material though :D

I do worry sometimes about my stinger hooks being to light of a wire and possibly straightening one of these days. i havent had it happen yet, but then i havent caught a trophy on one of them yet either. mostly stuff in the 25-28" range.

i scanned a quick "exploded" view for you Steve.

Fred- yes i am i work at Bonadent. you can google it. been there 10 years

post-9630-1202369288_thumb.jpg

Good to see you here Steve, and it was real nice to see you at Somerset. Hope your planning on makin' THE EVENT! http://www.ClearwaterJunction.com If you want to tye with us, lemme know ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure do expect to see you there. And keep Misa and i informed bout the show in your area. You "KNOW" you can count on us! mark..... B)