Fly Tying
uffepuffe

Small winter black

That is so killer! Can You post a under body pic? I want to fill a box full of them :lol:

Were the leggs porcupine quill tips bent? I see it's tapered.

Awesome work as always :headbang:

Brent

I'm sure I could sell a couple hundred of those on a little river I know, faster than they can crawl out of the river onto the snow......excellent tie again Uffe.......I too would like to see the underside

Nice tye Uffe! That one should be killer in the rivers around here. The legs look like Japanese nymph legs flattened? Keep up the awsome work!

Great Tie Uffe, That thing should work wonders. Question, do you have a glass bead for the head and the straw pulled over the head? Cant really tell. just curious.

Chad

Thanks everyone!

Chad: No glass bead for the head, just foam with raffia pulled over it and window paint with super glue for the eyes

Dale & Old Hat: Wrong guess both of you :) the root ends of porcupine guard hair is used for the legs.

Ulf

Fantastic fly. You tie exactly the kind of flies that I love to fish (and try to tie). The realistic, yet fishable ones are the biggest challenge. Do you finish the raffia wing with anything? I find that raffia gets weird in the water. It sure looks good dry. Where does one find porcupine guard hair? I wish I could find a synthetic that did as good a job as those legs, but alas...

Again, great fly.

Nick