Fly Tying
ROR-EYE

ROR-EYE SPARKLIN' DIVER

I like it. You can't tell by the photo - is the head flat or concave at the front?

I played around a lot this year with the EZ-body material, and I keep finding more interesting uses for it.

Nice stuff!

John

Nice work Ror-eye. I like the idea of this pattern for pike in England. I best it's really busy if you strip it fast.

Welcome to the forum. There are some superb tiers here with loads of support and advice. Enjoy. ;)

Neat fly! I can see from the additional photo that you included in the database, that it is also very effective. Beautiful walleye. :headbang:

Thanks. The original idea for this pattern came from a god friend of mine. All I added was the 4mm foam

underbody and instead of a synthetic tail, I used bucktail. I just love the properties of bucktail. The Flexi-Cord has become one of my favorite materials to work with.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the status of 'bait fisherman', that is located below my name?

That'll go away after your first 10 or so posts. We've all worn that description when we first signed on!

Bill

ROR-EYE- I thought at first you tied this with a foam cylinder like a banger, but the description says 4mm foam. Is it sheet foam wrapped around the hook shank? Thanks.

Double haul,

The foam is not tied around the shank, rather it is tied, two pieces, both on top of the shank.I cut the foam in strips about 5/8" wide, and tie them in at the front first. Maybe, if I get enough free time this week in the evenings, I could do a tutorial or something. Is there anywhere on this site to post one?

ROR-EYE,

A writeup would be great! There is a place for them listed in the parent folder, "Step by Step Patterns and Tutorials".

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showforum=56

Just a picture of the body before the tubing goes on would help me see how it goes together.

Thanks.

From what it looks like to me he took the mylar and put it on first then did his bucktail Thunder Creek style