Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Cooper

Self Introduction

Hi all. My name is Dave Cooper and I'm a fly fisherman. I've been addicted to the sport, the science, and the art of catching trout and salmon with a fly for most of my 60 years. My stomping grounds have been in Idaho, with occasional trips to Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Oregon and Washington. I've been tying flies since I was 13, mostly for myself, but I've also sold a few. You'd think that after all that I would have seen it all, done it all, and know it all. Well, I ain't. Not by a long shot. The next trout I meet will not be impressed by my "resume" at all, and will likely be caught by some "kid" with a borrowed 'pole' and 35-cent fly he bought on sale at Wal-Mart. Such is the life we lead. Tight lines to you all

Hi it is nice to meet you I am tyrite (Glen Dayton) I will love to see your work!!

well come tyrite

Welcome! I am certain that you will enjoy the FTF and will continue to find new and creative flies to add to your resume. I hope that you will share your experience with us as well!

Hello,

My name is John Farinelli. I am in Florida and I picked up a fly rod about 3 yrs. ago and haven't been able to put it down since. My only regret is that I didn't pick one up 30 years ago. I have learned alot in the last 3 yrs. and the main thing I have learned is how much I don't know. This site looks like it willgo a long way in educating me. Hopefully, I won't ask too many stupid questions.

Best Regards,

JDF